Chassis Colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint: Chassis Colors

I plan to disassemble, sandblast, paint and re-assemble the rolling chassis of my 61 Hawk this summer. I was wondering about colors. I have always assumed all the parts are satin black but I am not sure so I thought I should ask. I am wondering about the following parts:

rear end housing, brake drum, brake backing plates, drive shaft, brake lines, fuel line, front and rear bumper brackets.

Thanks
    Wayne
    Wayne
    "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Brake and fuel lines natural metal color. Everything else black.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Thanks Roy
      Wayne

sigpic

Comment

Wayne,

WOW you are still at that old bird......GOOD FOR YOU! Did you get some use out of that dash I sent you? Are you going to the National in Dover? I suspect you are going way beyond your original plans...is that correct?
        Jim

Comment

Yep, still at it. Work was interfering with my Studebaker time for about a year or so. I have been back at it for a few months now. Yes, I will be transferring a lot of the pieces from the dash you sent onto the original fiberglass core. The original core was better, but the rest of the stuff on your dash was better.

Yea, things have gotten a little out of hand. Once I started working on rust spots, they started expanding greatly. I ended up replacing the the trunk tail panel, most of the trunk floor, the entire floor pan under the rear seat, the front and middle floor pans on both sides, and the door sills and rockers on both sides.

I just took the body tub off the rotisserie. The tub is now in epoxy primer with bed liner on the bottom and all the jambs and trunk interior painted. So this has turned into a complete frame off restoration. As with many of these restorations, I know I am putting more money and time into this car than it will ever be worth, but I enjoy working on it with Dad. Plus I always wanted to do this, so it is kind of an experiment to find out if I can do it.

Yes, I will be at Dover Wednesday afternoon and all day Thursday.

Wayne
          Wayne

sigpic

Comment

I'll be there with my 61 Hawk. It's white with a red color band, NJ plates.

Comment

Working...
            X