John M Studebaker Wheelbarrow Races on Saturday 6/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John M Studebaker Wheelbarrow Races on Saturday 6/14

In conjunction with the Wheelbarrow races, we are planning on having 6 or 7 Studebakers on display at the Eldorado County Fair in Placerville, CA. Placerville is excited about having us there and the local paper has already run a feature article about Studebakers Cruisin' into the Fair. Looking forward to a fun day in one of the places where it all began! Here is a picture of a different sort of "Racing Studebaker"

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wheelbarrow.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	1744099
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
    In conjunction with the Wheelbarrow races, we are planning on having 6 or 7 Studebakers on display at the Eldorado County Fair in Placerville, CA. Placerville is excited about having us there and the local paper has already run a feature article about Studebakers Cruisin' into the Fair. Looking forward to a fun day in one of the places where it all began! Here is a picture of a different sort of "Racing Studebaker"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35571[/ATTACH]
    The Sequoia Chapter participated in the festivities at least in '70 and '71. Bob Peterson and I pulled our travel trailers to Placerville and camped out both times. Some members participated in the wheelbarrow race. One poor soul loaded his wheelbarrow with about three times the weight required, but he still made it. Great fun, great small town event. Very well worth attending. I still remember the log rolling, the chopping logs between their feet, the two-man sawing contests and more.
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I will be there. I am working it with Thompsons Toyota.

Comment

I too, will be there with the Golden Hawk. It looks to be a great day, with perfect weather!

Doug

Comment

Working...
        X