61 regal Cruiser Lark: need help selling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 61 regal Cruiser Lark: need help selling

My father passed away recently. He owned a 61 Regal Cruiser, 4 door. The car runs, but would be a project for someone. Straight body but needs paint, The interior also needs attention, but it's all there. NADA says low is $4 and high is $15. Any suggestions on value or good avenues to sell this would be appreciated.

Originally posted by becky View Post
    My father passed away recently. He owned a 61 Regal Cruiser, 4 door. The car runs, but would be a project for someone. Straight body but needs paint, The interior also needs attention, but it's all there. NADA says low is $4 and high is $15. Any suggestions on value or good avenues to sell this would be appreciated.

Sorry to hear of your fathers passing. I know it is a rough time. As to selling the car, my father always said those people sell a lot of books but they dont buy or sell many cars. NADA also assumes a car ready to retail and says deduct for reconditioning. You would have to consider costs to make the paint and interior servicable. E-bay or craigslist are the 2 best ways to determine a vehicles value. You can run it with a reserve of the lowest amount you would sell the car for. From your descriotion and assuming no major mechanical problems I would think your car would bring $1,000- $2000. Best of luck, Steve
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by becky View Post
      Can you post any pictures or mention how it is equipped (automatic transmission, air conditioning, reclining seats as examples)? We might be able to help in selling.
      Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
      '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Welcome to the SDC Forum. I offer my condolences on the loss of your father.
        A 1961 Cruiser is a nice car. Here, on the SDC Forum, would be a good start to sell the Cruiser. You have many of the people that would be interested viewing this Forum. It would require a good description and price.
        Next, I would suggest eBay. Again, a good description and pictures are necessary. Start with a very low opening bid and a reserve that you could live with. The market will determine the price.
        More than half a Century ago, a car lot owner, where I worked, said that he never saw hundred dollar bills fall out of the NADA book. By that, he meant that the book just lists numbers and that the market determines the true value, that may be higher or lower than a price guide. If you look at CLOSED/COMPLETED auctions on eBay, you will get a better idea of value.
        I would like a 1961 Cruiser, but it would not pay for me to ship it across the country.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
        X