No announcement yet.

Any must see Studebaker sites in Maine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any must see Studebaker sites in Maine?

I am going on a VMCCA tour in Maine next week with the cousin. He is not driving a Studebaker. If we have time, are there any things we should see? We will be in Belfast and Bar Harbor. Thanks.
    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
    1961 Hawk 4-speed
    1967 Avanti
    1961 Lark 2 door
    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Not Studebaker related ---- but two "must see" places in Maine are the Owl's Head Transportation Museum in Owl's Head, and Cole's Land Transportation Museum in Bangor. See their websites for details. Both are excellent!

(Like you, I have been an SDC member since 1973. That's when I bought the 1947 Champion which I still drive and enjoy.)
    Bill Jarvis

Comment

The Goldenrod Garage in Freeport has a large collection of antique vehicles for sale and always has quite a few Studebakers. They permit museum-style viewing of the cars.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

Not always open to the public, the Baer Auto Museum in West Paris, Maine is one of the finest private auto collections in the country. I believe that the 'Tri-Spokes' Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club will be meeting there on the weekend of 7/13/14.
        Attached Files

Comment

It's not Studebaker-related, if I recall their collection correctly, but the Seal Cove Auto Museum is on Mount Desert Island near Bar Harbor, and is a nice little place to visit.

Further downstate, just off 95, is the Wells Auto Museum in Wells, ME, which has a couple Studes:

Comment

Watch out for the dreaded black flies!
            sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
            Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
            "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

They should be gone pretty soon depending upon where in Maine you are.
              Chip
              '63 Cruiser
              '57 Packard wagon
              '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
              '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Thanks everyone
                Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
                1961 Hawk 4-speed
                1967 Avanti
                1961 Lark 2 door