1961 Lark Paint Color " Autumn Haze "

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint: 1961 Lark Paint Color " Autumn Haze "

Ok guys you all have been Great Help in the pass. I'm now looking for " Touch Up Paint " for my 1961 Lark it has Great ORIGNAL Paint but it need some small places touched up. Does any one know where I might find such a thing.

Those Studebaker touch-up tubes have long since dried up. I mean, you may still find some at swap meets but, they have literally dried up.
    I would suggest you check with your local auto supply paint jobber and have them "scan" the paint on your car and match it to a modern formula that would be available from dealerships or even some auto parts stores. Any body shop that mixes its own paint should also be able to scan what you have.
    When we painted my '53 the scan indicated the Manchester Maroon was a match to 1968 Corvette Cordovan Maroon. with the exception of the Corvette containing a little bit of pearl. http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcod...ette1968WA3821 I had it mixed without so much of the pearl. I then found the touch-up for the Corvette was available from Custom Car Colors LLC in White Lake, Michigan. Now, that touch-up does contain the pearl but, for stone chips and such, you would never notice.

So, identify a closest modern match and then find the touch-up tube.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Some Automotive Paint stores can match and mix your Dove Gray/Brown Color and put it up in spray cans for touch up, that is your best bet.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Google "Tower Paint".IIRC they are based in Wisconsin.They can make just about any color in spray cans.A little expensive, but it's a good product.They matched the paint on my '65 perfectly.

Comment

Last year I had my local O'Reilly's mix up a couple of spray cans for my 60 Hawk. They wanted something large enough and flat enough to ensure the most accurate scan. I gave them my gas door.
          sigpic
          Bob Shaw
          Rush City, Minnesota
          1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
          "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

Malcolm,
            Just to be certain we are talking about the same animal, are you looking for a spray can to enhance faded areas or a small jar or tube that can be applied with a toothpick? You can always use a spray can to accumulate a small bit in to a cap lid and then apply with a toothpick. Not vice-verso.
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
            X