Need front brake drums for '59 Silver Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need front brake drums for '59 Silver Hawk

I guess the title says it all. I have found the rear brake drums a couple of places (Studebakers West and Studebaker International), but can't seem to locate the front drums anywhere online. Hoping someone can help.

Thanks,

Jim

What size? fin or non fin? I have most.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

The brakes on a V-8 car are larger than the brakes on a 6 cylinder car.
      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Jim,
        I sent a Personal Message. Did you receive it?

Comment

If it is a '59 Silver Hawk VI you need 10 Inch Fronts, if a V8 (VIII), they would be 11 Inch, since it came with a 259 they would be smooth, but you can opt for the 289 Finned Type, they are interchangeable.

Anything up to or under $200.00 ea. with less than .060 oversize and swagged on Hubs, is a good deal.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I sold my last spare pair of finned V8 drums (used for 11K miles) for $50 for the pair and the guy complained (only a couple of/few years ago, but it was still a good deal then}.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thanks to all for your responses. It looks like 5brown1 has what I need. I am new to Studebaker ownership and am thrilled with my '59 Silver Hawk. Just after I bought it I also couldn't resist a '56 Golden Hawk project car I stumbled upon that came with a parts car and extra 352 Packard engine (3 engines in all -- the third is disassembled down to the block). It sure is nice to have this Club and the forum to help a newbie out.

Thanks again,

Jim Hales

Comment

Another personal message sent today.

Comment

Working...
                X