SBC-engined '57 SH on Kijiji Ontario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBC-engined '57 SH on Kijiji Ontario

Pretty car...not sure about the valuation, given she is not stock mechanically...though that wouldn't trouble me!

S.

It is pretty! (But then, I like green!)

I'm curious tho...Since I'm in the process of building a 57 that will have a 305 TPI Firebird engine and 700R4 tranny, what valuation wold you place on it?

Comment

Philip--

I'm not even sure...it just generally seems to be the case that a stock restored car brings a bit of a premium over something modified, however well the mods are done and however practical they truly are. Add into the mix the possibility of someone falling head over heels in love with a particular vehicle, stock or not, and having to have it...or a custom job suiting a new owner perfectly. I've seen both sides of that locally within SDC: a fairly-wild custom Daytona that's so much to the current owner's taste it doesn't get any love at all on the market (and the owner's had it on offer intermittently for years); and a resto-modded '31 Dictator that was exactly what another local SDCer was seeking in a prewar car, but had likewise not been looked at too hard by others because it wasn't stock...it's an interesting business.

S.

Comment

Oh Oh, now there's two green Studes in Owen Sound. This one and the Lark convertible qt is dealing with in techtalk. They are coming out!
        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

BTW, by "it" I meant the one in the Kijiji ad, not the one I'm building. Of course, mine will be priceless!

Originally posted by pbrown View Post
          It is pretty! (But then, I like green!)

I'm curious tho...Since I'm in the process of building a 57 that will have a 305 TPI Firebird engine and 700R4 tranny, what valuation would you place on it?

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
            Oh Oh, now there's two green Studes in Owen Sound. This one and the Lark convertible qt is dealing with in techtalk. They are coming out!
            Actually Dave, that Hawk has been up there for at least 15 years. It was there when I moved up with my GREEN 63. That Hawk is really very nice and goes well with the 2R pickup her husband owns. Not sure when qtlark bought the convertible but there could possibly have been 3 green Studes in Owen Sound up until 2011.
            1963 Canadian Lark VY-6 4E2-122 Deluxe Scotsman

Bognor, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
            X