VIN decoding assistance please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIN decoding assistance please

I could use some help decoding the VIN from a '63 Lark. I haven't seen the car, I only have the VIN. It is 63V27899.
    I know the V indicates a 259 V8, but I'd like to know details like is it a Daytona, etc. I don't have access to the car, so I can't look at the cowl tag.
    Thanks everyone!
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

The "V" in the Serial Number just means a V8, it could have came with anything from a 259 2V, to an R2 Jet Thrust Engine, including of course a Std. 289.

You would need the seller to describe the Body Type as a 2 Door Sedan, 4 Door Sedan, 2 Door Hardtop, Convertible or Wagon or read the Body Tag, a Pic or something.

No info is available from most Serial Numbers of '63's unless it is in the list of Avanti Powered Cars.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks Rich. I'll contact the owner and get a picture of the car and the cowl tag.
      Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
      '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
      '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
      '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Working...
      X