58 HAWK FIN TRIM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58 HAWK FIN TRIM

I HAVE THE UPPER AND LOWER TRIM PIECES FOR THE RIGHT FIN..HAVE UPPER FOR LEFT FIN AND AN EXTRA RIGHT HAND UPPER TRIM....IT LOOKS AS THOUGH I COULD CUT THE EXTRA RIGHT TRIM TO FIT LOWER LEFT SIDE..WOULD THIS WORK??
    DON.
    sigpic
    58 Golden Hawk
    DSamborski
    Pillager, MN

That is basically what someone did on my 61 Hawk-made a left lower out of a right lower.Looks like at one time it could pass 'OK'.. They are not on the car yet,because I've been trying to find some better mldgs.[no luck]Maybe someone on here could sell you a correct piece?

LaSalle,Il
    61Hawk
    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

That is basically what someone did on my 61 Hawk-made a left lower out of a right lower.Looks like at one time it could pass 'OK'.. They are not on the car yet,because I've been trying to find some better mldgs.[no luck]Maybe someone on here could sell you a correct piece?

LaSalle,Il
      61Hawk
      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

I looked for that VERY piece of trim at South Bend this year. I was hoping to find one for another guy on the forum that has such a car. Obviously a tough piece to find![B)]

Edit: talking about the 61, that is.[:I]

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I looked for that VERY piece of trim at South Bend this year. I was hoping to find one for another guy on the forum that has such a car. Obviously a tough piece to find![B)]

Edit: talking about the 61, that is.[:I]

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Mr Biggs,that was I,requesting that wild goose chase for the 61 mouldings.I thank you again for looking for them. I wonder if the high price of stainless steel scrap has anything to do with these being hard to find??
            A few weeks ago I went to Don Gays place,and noticed that just about every piece of stainless trim is gone from his cars [about 40 cars and trucks] I did find 2 c-bodys with all the windshield trim on them though,and bought the pieces I needed for the windshield glass.

LaSalle,Il
            61Hawk
            Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Mr Biggs,that was I,requesting that wild goose chase for the 61 mouldings.I thank you again for looking for them. I wonder if the high price of stainless steel scrap has anything to do with these being hard to find??
              A few weeks ago I went to Don Gays place,and noticed that just about every piece of stainless trim is gone from his cars [about 40 cars and trucks] I did find 2 c-bodys with all the windshield trim on them though,and bought the pieces I needed for the windshield glass.

LaSalle,Il
              61Hawk
              Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Yeah, and there's another guy up in Maine that wanted the lower moulding as well!
                I doubt scrap prices have much to do with it. It's just a rare piece.

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Yeah, and there's another guy up in Maine that wanted the lower moulding as well!
                  I doubt scrap prices have much to do with it. It's just a rare piece.

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe

Comment

What model of Hawk do you have? Isn't a Golden Hawk different? If I remember correctly, both 58's I had used curved ones on the top of the fin and straight ones on the bottom. Do you need the straight long one on the bottom?

Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
                    1961 Hawk
                    1964 Convertable
                    1967 Avanti
                    Milt

1961 Hawk 4-speed
                    1967 Avanti
                    1961 Lark 2 door
                    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

What model of Hawk do you have? Isn't a Golden Hawk different? If I remember correctly, both 58's I had used curved ones on the top of the fin and straight ones on the bottom. Do you need the straight long one on the bottom?

Milt

1961 Hawk
                      1964 Convertable
                      1967 Avanti
                      Milt

1961 Hawk 4-speed
                      1967 Avanti
                      1961 Lark 2 door
                      1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Don needs the lower left for the 58. I need the lower left and right for the 61. I can't picture how the extra upper he has would be long enough to work as a lower though.
                        Don,have you tried to hold the curved upper against the area where the lower goes to see if it is long enough and straight enough?

LaSalle,Il
                        61Hawk
                        Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Don needs the lower left for the 58. I need the lower left and right for the 61. I can't picture how the extra upper he has would be long enough to work as a lower though.
                          Don,have you tried to hold the curved upper against the area where the lower goes to see if it is long enough and straight enough?

LaSalle,Il
                          61Hawk
                          Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Actually, the upper piece IS a bit longer than the lower one.

Miscreant adrift in
                            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                            1960 Larkvertible V8
                            1958 Provincial wagon
                            1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Actually, the upper piece IS a bit longer than the lower one.

Miscreant adrift in
                              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                              1960 Larkvertible V8
                              1958 Provincial wagon
                              1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X