Parking/directionsl lenses, rear light assembly gaskets 57 President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking/directionsl lenses, rear light assembly gaskets 57 President

I have the front bumper off the 57 President and the parking/directional light lenses (plastic) are damaged. SI does not have anything except the usual Studebaker-related crap, so I am looking for these lenses, plus the rubber gaskets for the rear light assemblies for same 57 President Classic. The assemblies and bumpers, as well as other chrome pieces will go to the chrome shop soon, and the whole car will go to the body/paint shop in the middle of June.

Today, Saturday May 24, I drove down to La Palma Park in Anaheim, a day early, for the second year, or maybe third year, in a row. Just the usual street people were sleeping in the park at 7 am but no Studebakers present. Then I checked my registration card, and found the "La Palma Meet" was on Sunday, not on Saturday. (In the "old days", the swap meet started on Saturday.) I drove back up Harbor to Costco to fill up the gas (car has no working gauges), shut the car down, then it wouldn't start due to low battery, then slight flooding. My wife. Fay. was neaby with jumper cables, so we and got it back home after a short wait. I think it was flooded/low battery, but seemed more like no gas at all. No leaks around carb/manifold, no gas smell. Well, situation normal, [not quite] all fouled up. Tomorrow we will make another trip down to La Palma, for the 40th Annual meet "Largest Gathering of Studebakers on the [Left] Coast.

Someone let me know if any one of you have some lenses/ rubber. I scored a tinted windshield from Vic Phillips, which I picked up in Ontario, CA yesterday. Drove it back home with blankets/rugs in the back seat of the Cadillac, then found a box large enough to store it and small enough to bring home in my wife's Toyota Avalon. The saga continues in SoCal. The fourth photo shows the slightly damaged left tail light assembly. If anyone has a replacement, let me know. The ones on the car need to be re-chromed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07809.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	1743970Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07814.jpg
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	1743971Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07810.jpg
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	1743972Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07811.jpg
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	1743973
    Last edited by jnfweber; 05-24-2014, 04:06 PM.
    sigpic
    Jack, in Montana

Hi Jack; I bought front parking lenses for my '57 Champ serval years ago from Studebaker International and i believe they were re-pops but have sufficed. As for the rubber around the rear lights, I used rubber vacuum tubing of a similar size and slit it lengthwise and it has done the job nicely. Hope this helps.

Regards

Francis Prefontaine

Comment

Several years ago, I think it was "junior" that suggested to use window screen spline.
      The plastic "string" that holds screen into the frame.
      I used it and it worked great.
      I don't know which size because I had bought all sizes from a hardware going out of business and just grabbed a size to fit from my stash.
      South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Working...
      X