master cylinder bore size m 5 1947

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• master cylinder bore size m 5 1947

i have 1947 m 5 i want to change to a power boost brakes i have a ford 9 inc rear that has a 5+5 boltpattern and drum brakes any help thanks carl[?]

Only a braking system engineer like the ones that design new car systems could answer that one! And he would need to know the dia. and width of the shoes, the wheel cyl. dia. etc, etc. I don't think we have any of those!

There is not anything Studebaker, left on your truck so there is no way for us to know what it needs.

The original single piston 1 in. master cyl. with manual brakes worked just fine with the stock brakes, but apparently they are long gone.

Studebaker 1/2 ton wheels are 5 on 4 3/4 in.

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Only a braking system engineer like the ones that design new car systems could answer that one! And he would need to know the dia. and width of the shoes, the wheel cyl. dia. etc, etc. I don't think we have any of those!

There is not anything Studebaker, left on your truck so there is no way for us to know what it needs.

The original single piston 1 in. master cyl. with manual brakes worked just fine with the stock brakes, but apparently they are long gone.

Studebaker 1/2 ton wheels are 5 on 4 3/4 in.

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

i have two m5 thay are bouth 5x5 bolt pattern

Comment

i have two m5 thay are bouth 5x5 bolt pattern

Comment