A 20-something saw his first Studebakers today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 20-something saw his first Studebakers today

I had to have a new heat pump for the house. There goes my Studebaker $$$. But that's besides the point. The HVAC company owner came out to give me an estimate last Friday. He saw my 28' X 40' garage and asked me what I had in there. I showed him. He liked what he saw, especially the '35 (the '35 seems to be everybody's favorite, for some reason, even though it's far less than perfect). Turns out he's a car guy and is restoring a '69 Camero SS. He told me his son would be out today to install the heat pump and that I should be sure to show him my Studebakers. The son, a very polite and respectful young man in his early 20s, came out today with a co-worker to install the heat pump. I showed them my cars. They both thought the cars were great (again, the '35 seemed to be the favorite). The HVAC owner's son told me that he had heard of Studebaker but had never actually seen one before. Will he now run out and buy a Studebaker? Probably not. But now he's at least seen one up close and personal. It was a very good day. Expensive for me but very good, nonetheless.

Well...at least you only "showed" him your Studebaker while getting a new heat pump. Forty years ago, I made my wife a promise that she would never have to do without food, clothes, or comfort, because of my car hobby.

Twenty six years ago, our heating/cooling system failed during a horrible heat wave. We didn't have the cash for a new one, and didn't want to go (further) in debt.

Instead, we got a new HAVAC system (plus some cash)...and the owner of the HAVAC company, drove away in one of my Studebakers!
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Well, I might have to put one of my kids up for adoption to pay for this, but I'm holding off for now . . .

Comment

. im only 28 and i have a 49 2r5 my girl friend loves that old truck!! shes only 23,heck she went on a 10 hour drive with me too get it!! I thing i found a keeper

Comment

Gotta start 'em off somewhere.
          Way to show the colors!
          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by austins49 View Post
            . im only 28 and i have a 49 2r5 my girl friend loves that old truck!! shes only 23,heck she went on a 10 hour drive with me too get it!! I thing i found a keeper
            I think you have two keepers here. The Studebaker and the girlfriend! Congrats on both.

Comment

Working...
            X