Finally figured out how to post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally figured out how to post

After creating a profile, and navigating around here I finally figured out how to do a new post. Now I need to figure out how to post some pictures. I will admit I am not the most tech savvy person out there. I have some pictures of the 65 we have been working on that I will post. Will get them up soon.
    Thanks,
    Ray

Good for you! After several years I'm still trying to figure out the picture posting thing. Welcome aboard!
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Comment

You will need to down load your pictures to a hosting site like Photobucket. You can then link the photos you want to share to the forum. If you hit a snag ask for help. If I figured it out you can.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Actually, you don't need Photobucket anymore, not for a while now.

This Post explains how to upload pictures.

Welcome to the Forum, Ray! Glad to have you here!
        Last edited by showbizkid; 05-12-2014, 07:06 PM. Reason: fixed link.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Thank you. I just got my first Kindle about two years ago and don't have a clue how to post pictures. I'm not the only dinosaur. Tim

Comment

Okay, I went to "This post" and was told I don't have permission. How do I get permission?
            Originally posted by showbizkid View Post

This post explains how to upload pictures.

Lou Van Anne
            62 Champ
            64 R2 GT Hawk
            79 Avanti II

Comment

Man,if it weren't for the grand kids I'd be lost in this new electronic world.LOL
              Tony

Comment

Show Biz Kid--I had the same problem when I clicked it

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post

This post explains how to upload pictures.

When I click on "This post" this is what comes up. I have no idea what all this means or why I do not have permission to go someplace on this forum.

JRoberts, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
                  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Why don't I have sufficient privleges? Why would an administrstor disabled my account? Why is it so blessed hard to post my own pictures? I am about to give this whole thing up.

Joe Roberts
                  '61 R1 Champ
                  '65 Cruiser
                  Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Overreaction, Joe! Nothing has changed except a disabled link!
                    Photos still post as usual. To wit, direct from hard drive: Click image for larger version

Name:	Clown car.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	1689004

As well as from a URL: (with homage to Len Shepherd for the photoshop)

Last edited by rockne10; 05-12-2014, 05:45 PM.
                    Brad Johnson,
                    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

One issue that sometimes causes problems is, you need to click the small box near the Password login box "Remember me" to stay logged in or you may be logged out before you finish searching for what you want.

You should Log Out when done for the Day.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                        Overreaction, Joe! Nothing has changed except a disabled link!
                        Photos still post as usual. To wit, direct from hard drive: [ATTACH=CONFIG]34856[/ATTACH]

As well as from a URL: (with homage to Len Shepherd for the photoshop)

I can post a picture that I find someplace else on the internet without a problem. At one time, quite a long time ago, I could post one of my own pictures by copying it from my saved pictures and posting it here, but I have not been able to do that for a long, long time. I have tried searching the forum for instructions without success. Every time this issue comes up and anybody, including me, writes about how difficult it is to post pictures we get told how easy it is but rarely a detailed step by step set of instructions on how to post a picture. It may be easy for some folks but not all of us are blessed with the ability to be tech savvy. Maybe I did over react, but I really am tired of being scoffed at when I do not understand how to post one of my own pictures. I know that I am not the only one in this boat.
                        Joe Roberts
                        '61 R1 Champ
                        '65 Cruiser
                        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Amen! Amen! Amen!...me too.
                          Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                          I can post a picture that I find someplace else on the internet without a problem. At one time, quite a long time ago, I could post one of my own pictures by copying it from my saved pictures and posting it here, but I have not been able to do that for a long, long time. I have tried searching the forum for instructions without success. Every time this issue comes up and anybody, including me, writes about how difficult it is to post pictures we get told how easy it is but rarely a detailed step by step set of instructions on how to post a picture. It may be easy for some folks but not all of us are blessed with the ability to be tech savvy. Maybe I did over react, but I really am tired of being scoffed at when I do not understand how to post one of my own pictures. I know that I am not the only one in this boat.
                          Lou Van Anne
                          62 Champ
                          64 R2 GT Hawk
                          79 Avanti II

Comment

Let's try this again

Here is the link that explains all: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...594#post843594

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Now that you've mastered posting, there goes your excuse not to post....

Another option is that you could simply copy and paste the link to your photobucket page in your message here. This is what I do, generally. I've always had problems posting photos here, too, because I'm not a tech guy. Posting a link is not ideal because the photo doesn't show up in the post, but it's a way to get us to the photos. Thanks to Clark for posting the "how to" link. Will fiddle with it when I have time. Maybe I can figure it out eventually. I'm pretty dense when it comes to these things .

Comment

Working...
                              X