Headliner Bow Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Headliner Bow Question

Preparing to install a new headliner in my 62 Lark. The car came without the headliner but with the bows. I have the bow positions figured out, but have run into an issue. The shortest bow has to go in the front. With the little bow retainers both in place, it doesn't go in the holes far enough. The ends of the bow bottom out in the little barrel clips and the bow arches enough to interfere with the roof. The fourth bow does the same thing. If I take the barrel clip out on one side they fit and all bows are even distance from the roof, but those two will fall around easily. I know they will position themselves when the headliner is installed, but my question is this: The other bows are under a little tension because they bottom out in the barrel clips. The two I am asking about are not under tension. Will them not being under tension affect their ability to support the headliner? I could carefully shorten the bows but would have to work both sides of each bow. The other option would be barrel clips that let the bow go in further, but I don't think anything like that exists. Any experience with this or thoughts? Thanks

I am in the process of installing the same in my '62 wagon (Sat.)....Are you installing the bows in the body holes "with" the barrel clips attached, or trying to install with clips in the body ? I think the correct way is to place the clips on the bow, then install. My car di not have clips for all bows, and I did not install the correct way, but they all went OK....

Comment

I tried it both ways. Agree its easier if the clip is on the end of the bow, but it still bottoms out amking it too tight. Thinking about it though, I don't think it will matter because the bow will still be in the upright ppositon by virtue of the spacing and being sewn into the headliner. So it will still provide the support it's designed to.

Comment

Working...
      X