May 23/24 Drags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 23/24 Drags

It's May and only A couple weeks away from the Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Drags on May 23 and 24th. We hope you all enjoyed the March drags article in Turning Wheels about 2013 last years race. This years race information is in the What's Happening section of TW.. We'd love to see you here even if you don't have a car to race this can be the inspiration you need to get your project done and support the rest of us Studebaker racers. Maybe come for ideas or just to see some great runs.

All Studebakers and Orphan cars will get a chance to make a parade lap on the track before the racing starts even if you're not racing with us, it's a neat thing to see and do. Make some new history for your car!

If you need information about the race, lodging or anything else call or email us at this address, roserichpoe@att.net , or phone 812-988-2008.

A change this year is we are meeting at the Artist Colony Restaurant in Nashville Friday night at around 5:30. We will need a head count so we can reserve enough tables at the restaurant. This will be a big help so let us know that you are coming.

If you go to this site you can look at the lunch and dinner menu. Just go down and click on it.
    Enjoy a delicious meal from the full service restaurant at Artists Colony Inn. Located in the heart of Brown County with 23 rooms and banquet facilities.

Call Richard Poe for more information.
    Richard
    The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

I did some testing for the Studebaker Drags coming up Saturday the 24th. The first couple passes Sunday things didn't go well so the third pass I came out easy and hit it. It ran good and smooth until fourth when it popped out, so I just coasted to the end, but it still went 7.93@86.97MPH! I was testing for the first time this year since I made some changes of the winter and just got it together. Saturday is the Studebaker National Drags so hopefully I can get it to stay in gear! We hope to see you here Saturday.
    Richard
    The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Comment

Good luck, Richard. Sounds like a fun event.
      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Working...
      X