My 41 Commander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 41 Commander

At the moment she is in the paint shop for some remedial work. Now here comes the BIG question. The wheels, when she came to me she had been freshly painted in her 2 tone green, as close to the original as was possible here in the UK. Her wheels were the pale green of the stripe, and they now need painting again, but every time I look at any of the old ads for the 41 they seem to have RED wheels. So if I want her to be as accurate as possible do I go for the red? or the pale green, which I must say would look better in my opinion.

So can any of you advise me? (Not suggesting any of you are old enough to remember what they looked like in 1941 )

There were 3 two-tone green options in '41. Which one do you have? (Mountain Green light and dark, Fern leaf light and dark, and Palm Green light and dark). Pay no heed to colors shown in the magazine ads. They do not reflect the actual colors offered. I can tell you this none of the green combinations used the red wheels. I would go with the pale green as all green cars had green wheels except the Fern Leaf which had Manila Cream.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

You can check for the paint code tag under the glove box.. If its there I can tell you what the wheels should be. Or you can order the build sheet from the museum.

Comment

Thanks Fellas. I have the Mountain green. We have used Ford forest Green and a light green we had made up. Compared to the original paint it's about 1 tone darker. At least I know what to do with the wheels though

Comment

I have a new glove box, when I bought it there wasn't one at all.

Comment

Working...
          X