A young Lady and the Studebaker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A young Lady and the Studebaker!

While at My Mother's today getting the Allis Chalmers going.a young Girl pulls in the drive,gets out and approaches with Flowers.I send Her too the front door as my hands are dirty,She returns and needs Me too sign for the Flowers.She offers too hold the oil funnel " neat Girl " so I can hold the clip board.just as I'm half done signing,She screeches out OMG - (it's a wonder My signature was Legible ) A STUDEBAKER . explains I've never seen a Studebaker before "well I have on American Pickers" but never in real Life! this Girl was just floating in air with excitement with this 55 Champion 2dr. Survivor.She wanted too know what was involved in re-storing such a beautiful car,told Her it's all original with just under 44th miles.this part was kinda cute,She asked if She could look inside.I say sure,goes over too the Driver's door and hesitates .is this like an auxiliary door like Saturns have.I tell Her no it's just a regular 2dr,She still hesitates "cute" as She doesn't understand the door handle . so I walk Her through the process,thumb goes in and hand pulls out "WALLA" another OMG ! this Studebaker is so cool,can't believe what I'm seeing,this is American pickers in the Flesh. the Champion put Her on a high for sure,after she left I thought if this car was not already sold "could I have recruited another Studebaker owner"? guess We'll never know,BUT She REALLY made My Day - and a video would have been priceless.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Times have changed. Perhaps the demise of the marque was the best thing to happen. Now there are young people with no prejudices towards Studebakers and their rarity makes them seem oh, so special. What a neat encounter. To see a young face light up when they realize what they are looking at is priceless. Thanks for sharing this story. It helps remind me of what a special vehicle we prize.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Both my daughters are in their early 20's and the positive reaction from their friends regarding the Stude (and Hudson) is great; it seems like old is "in" with a lot of these "kids" and while they may not plan on owning an old car they sure like them! Maybe when they are running this country they will look out for the collector car hobbyist?!

Comment

can't believe she didn't ask you to take a pic of her and the Stude with her cell phone. Maybe she'll be back.

Comment

When my oldest daughter aksed what's a Studebaker years ago I told her to google & to be sure she would like it I said "also print Golden Hawk" & she said she never even thought there would exist such a beautiful car in the whole world...
          She's got good taste but since she's living in a city she don't need a car so she aint got any either, but it's sure a nice thing to bring out folks out from the darknes.

Comment

My grandaughter is a professional Photographer. Her specialty is outdoor, natural light scenes. She brings a lot of her clients to the farm where I have several old cars and trucks in the edge of the woods and in a field with weeds grown up around them.
            She said her favorite was the old Studebaker truck in the corner. But why does it have a shiney Billy Goat on the Hood?

I told her I loved her dearly,but that was a RAM not a goat,and the truck was a Dodge. Not a Studebaker. She asked "Then why is it here?"
            Neil Thornton

Comment

Hey im 20 and when I drive my Studebaker I get the same reaction most ask who made it... most of my friends like the truck but I dont see most of them ever owning an old car.. to lazy to work on it. Hope more guys my age get interested to keep the hobby going

Comment

Originally posted by STUDEMAC View Post
                Hey im 20 and when I drive my Studebaker I get the same reaction most ask who made it... most of my friends like the truck but I dont see most of them ever owning an old car.. to lazy to work on it. Hope more guys my age get interested to keep the hobby going
                I hope so too. Without you young folks taking an interest in, and learning about the history of these wonderful vehicles they will just fade away except for the examples in museums and private collections which nobody drives.
                Ed Sallia
                Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Working...
                X