undependable vendors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• undependable vendors

I know it frowned upon to call someone out on this forum but I have just about had it with vendors that take your money and make you promise after promise and still do not deliver parts that are ordered. I work hard for my money and I know there are others out there that have wife's that want to know where the money is going let alone vendors not delivering on parts ordered. I am new to this forum but but if I don't receive products that I have payed for soon I am going to post all the vendors that are responsible on this forum and any other forum that I can find. I am very sorry if It has to come to that but it is what it is.

Wow. I cannot recall the last vendor who did not send me the parts ordered. Once in a blue moon, the parts are disappointing, but again, very seldom. You used the plural vendor(s), so it sounds like you have had more bad experiences recently than I have in almost three decades. I try to use well established folks though, most of whom advertise in TW.

If you used ebay you have several means available to make things right.

Comment

What kind of parts? I have never personally had a problem with a Studebaker vendor. Some of the people selling parts for anything they can find are sketchy. Also, many of the sellers are hobbyists selling the parts in their spare time and may have other issues at home. If you can, call the seller and find out what is happening on their end.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

gmannix:

We're glad you're here on the Forum! Let me call your attention to this excerpt from the official Forum Terms of Service:
        Discussion and Conduct Policy:
        Disputes or personal issues with vendors or other Forum members are not to be discussed on this Forum. Doing so will result in the discussion being locked or deleted at the Administrator's or Moderator's discretion.

I urge you to seek redress using the mechanisms in place through SDC to work with vendors who advertise in TW, and with other SDC members, as outlined in Turning Wheels at the beginning of each month's classified section. We understand your frustration with not being delivered what you were promised, but if you're thinking of calling folks out on this Forum, please don't - it won't end well for anyone.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Clark, What do we do if the vendors are not SDC members and do not advertise in TW. I have never had any problems with any of our vendors or SDC members when buying parts, so I am curious as to where gmannix is ordering his parts. It might help if he would send you a PM and you could find out just what is going on.

Thanks, Mark

Comment

Wow. I even had a rather large order (Vendor name withheld) sent with absolutely NO MONEY down and told the invoice would be included with the goods showing shipping costs and simply send a return check for the full amount including shipping.
            Does trust get any better than this in the 21st century? Sorry you have been disappointed but there must be a better way of resolving your issue rather than this forum which has been so helpful to all of us.
            Bill

Comment

I've been dealing with old car parts vendors for more DECADES than I care to say, and have bought a LOT of parts. My experiences have been overwhelmingly positive, but it would probably be a good thing to have an established place and means for members to have their say about their buying experiences... and a means for the vendor to respond. However, I firmly believe that such an outlet be moderated by "neutral" parties to keep it civil and within bounds of legal concern. Hence, before you know it, it becomes a "job" for someone... not likely, me thinks.

Comment

i'm not for bashing folks but if there are vendors that are scamming SDC members i'd like to hear it so i can avoid problems

Comment

If the vendor is an SDC Turning Wheels advertiser, you can contact the Advertising Arbiter, Bob Halgren for redress. Details are in Turning Wheels.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Greg did not mention if he was buying Studebaker Parts, I would assume so, or if he buys from SDC Members or Turning Wheels Advertisers. But it sure would be rare if it was. The TW advertisers all know that their continued business depends on their good reputation so it is quite rare that there is ever a problem.

Delays happen, I have heard of several people trying to contact vendors when the vendor is away at a Swap Meet or having health issues etc. But never receiving the item is entirely a different issue.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I have dealt with many Studebaker / Packard venders over the years. Turning Wheels, SI, EBay and many great folks here on our forum. Always received my goodies in a timely manner. Like previously mentioned, received a large order for my Wagonaire with just a billing invoice! More than once.
                      Some times there is a delay due to health or family issues. I have always
                      received my orders. Try contacting these folks perhaps there is a easy solution to your woes.
                      sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                      Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                      "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Vendors in question are both listed on the Studebaker Vendors website and 1 has been in business for 34 years

Comment

I really don't want to see someone else on this forum go through the same thing that I have. I was some what warned by a very good vendor I have dealt with concerning one of the vendors in question that has been in business for 34 years. Just a lot of frustration on my part because it is keeping me from completing my Students.

Comment

The second vendor advertises in TW

Comment

It's not just here in Studebaker Land. I just put in an email order with a well know Model A vendor and was initially quoted a shipping estimate of $32, but got billed $49 with no explanation. These are not big parts and the total order (without shipping) was less $300. I'm going to send an email and see what happens...
                              Dan Peterson
                              Montpelier, VT
                              1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
                              1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Working...
                              X