self-rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: self-rebuild

Hi, i am working on a m5 pickup project but more like a total restoration. I am trying to do this for less as possible and have a lot to do. Should i have the engine rebuilt or should i just do it myself considering it is a simple champion six and my dad has worked with cars in his past shop years. The engine is nearly completely apart all except 4 pistons and the valves.

You probably know your Automotive Mechanics skills better than we do, if you think you can handle it with the help of the Studebaker Shop Manual and some questions here, then GO for it!
    The normal Rebuild with all new parts and machine work, can exceed $2000.00 so you need to be prepared for that as well.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by greatbarnfind View Post
      Hi, i am working on a m5 pickup project but more like a total restoration. I am trying to do this for less as possible and have a lot to do. Should i have the engine rebuilt or should i just do it myself considering it is a simple champion six and my dad has worked with cars in his past shop years. The engine is nearly completely apart all except 4 pistons and the valves.
      Put out a WTB here. Guys are parting out Studes and replacing Champions with Chevys every day. If you ask around, someone will sell you a complete and running engine for cheap. Use it to get the truck back on the road and then when you're certain you've got what you want, then rebuild your own.

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

What Packard V8 said is true.....

Comment

Working...
        X