Studebaker parts to Moultrie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker parts to Moultrie

Any of you here been to the Moultrie, Ga. show and swap meet recently? Do you think it would be worth my while to take a load of Stude parts? Seen any there before? Bought or sold any? Thanks, Tex

I have been going to the Moultrie swap meet since it was held in Nashville Ga. I have bought lots of stuff there over the years. That's where I met Alex Nelson(Nelson Motorsports). He was a little kid,walking around with a sign on his back that read"I need Studebaker Parts".
    There is not a lot of Studebaker stuff there,but I usually find somthing or other.
    Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by Flashback View Post
      Any of you here been to the Moultrie, Ga. show and swap meet recently? Do you think it would be worth my while to take a load of Stude parts? Seen any there before? Bought or sold any? Thanks, Tex

If you did go, perhaps it might give us GA Studebaker folks more incentive to attend the meet in Moultrie . You might see if the GA chapters' newsletter editors (North and South) would spread the word among their members via email if you do decide to go and sell. You might even get some special orders on bigger stuff that you could bring along. Kind of like what a lot of Studebaker vendors do with the South Bend swap in May.

Comment

I have been to Moultrie many times I think there are very few Studebaker venders there .
        I have a bunch of parts from a 62 Champ parts truck but I cant stay there 2 or 3 days .
        I would rather go to York or Reedsville more Studebaker people .

Comment

unfortunately Moultrie is not a favored place for orphan cars and vehicles that are not having every part in the original inventory repopped..so unfortunately it seems shows dedicated to the marque are still considered the avenue for sales and purchase and of course E-bay still rocks strong for listings..lot of folks do not care for E-bay...and prefer swap meets but when the venders don't attend...little to view and buy..Moutrie is still a fun event to attend if you do not have to drive a great distance and rent a place to stay. I will say I have only seen one or two items Studebaker mixed in among stuff and usually it is a guy who has access to a junkyard and grabbing a few trim pieces here or there and you come across this stuff sorting through a box of dirty and usually beyond use parts..

Comment

Working...
          X