New to me (old custom) 54 Stude custom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to me (old custom) 54 Stude custom

Love to see old custom Studes, but don't recall seeing this one before... thought would share this with others. cheers, junior

sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

A '53 root beer colored Barris-made convertible sold at Silver auction in Phoenix 5-6 years ago.
    Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
    jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

Looks pretty good. Bonneville inspired?
      Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

super clean look. I've seen folks chop these cars to an extreme and ruin them. This one is tastefully done.

Comment

Originally posted by paintim613 View Post
          A '53 root beer colored Barris-made convertible sold at Silver auction in Phoenix 5-6 years ago.
          yes, I remember that one, but there was some discussion on this forum that it was not an actual Barris Kustom, but only had the glove box door signed by the King himself. If it`s the same custom, wonder where the roof went, and when did the rear wheel lips get radiused?

cheers, junior.
          sigpic
          1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

I believe it was stated in the article that the roof was removable....lift off the one piece top and drive away.
            Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by t walgamuth View Post
              I believe it was stated in the article that the roof was removable....lift off the one piece top and drive away.
              yes, I know that, was just wondering if the auction-car and Barris-built car were the same car I wonder why I`ve never seen the aution car with a photo of the roof installed. cheers, junior
              sigpic
              1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Kustomrama has several pictures of custom Studebakers. Some are really nice.
                Joe Roberts
                '61 R1 Champ
                '65 Cruiser
                Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Working...
                X