performanceplustire.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• performanceplustire.com

I know it's against the rules here (and for good reason) to publicly praise or bash a vendor, so PLEASE, if you have a response, send a PM to me here. I don't want to get anybody in trouble. Has anyone dealt with performanceplustire.com? But PLEASE don't post a "reply" to my thread. Send your comments to me in a Private Message here. Thanks!

I just now noticed I got the name wrong in the title of this thread, but I don't know how to change it. Sorry!
    Last edited by southbend; 04-15-2014, 09:02 AM.

Go to 'Edit Post'

Select 'Go Advanced'

Change the header

Select 'Save Changes'
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
      Go to 'Edit Post'

Select 'Go Advanced'

Change the header

Select 'Save Changes'
      Got it. Thanks!

Comment

Unless the vender is one of our Studebaker venders we can and should be able to vent any problems and concerns so others might not want to run into the same problem, different case if vender is one of our own.
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

I agree with Bob's comments. As long as your comments are truthful, and not intentionally malicious...I think it is OK to relate true experiences. It is wild, unsubstantiated, and mean spirited comments that lead to trouble. As is the case in much public discourse. My suggestion is, to wait for emotions to settle down before firing off an angry missive. That is something I have failed to do a few times myself. It is part of the "art of life." Some of us are better at it than others.
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I believe there are no issues with posting PRAISE, we have had quite a few of those posts here before. If you got good quality Stude. Parts and Materials and good Service we would like to hear about it.

The only time it gets IFFY, is when the product is in direct competition with that of one of our tried and true, trusted "Turning Wheels" advertiser's items.

That DID happen once, and the poster got away with it.
            It was not about me, but I was quite disturbed by it though, because the competing Vendor was and is a long time friend of 40 years with quality, proven custom made Parts/Kits.
            Last edited by StudeRich; 04-15-2014, 10:23 AM.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Cool by me. I was just erring on the side of safety. Wasn't 100% sure what the policy is here, so I thought it best to keep it private.

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                Unless the vender is one of our Studebaker venders we can and should be able to vent any problems and concerns so others might not want to run into the same problem, different case if vender is one of our own.
                I agree, "we can and should be able to vent any problems and concerns so others might not want to run into the same problem", but do not understand why Studebaker vendors are exempt. Customer feedback, word of mouth if you will is often the best advertisement. Ebay uses it and uses it well. Its a form of karma insuring what goes around comes around, and provides incentive for honesty and improvement.

I have dealt with many upstanding Studebaker vendors over the decades, and recently. However, being a Studebaker vendor apparently does not guarantee the person is not a scoundrel, since I have also dealt with a few Studebaker vendors/scoundrels. They are a small minority, but nevertheless do exist: some out & out thieves; some used to be honest but changed over the years, and some riding on the coattails of family elders with long established, excellent reputations.

On this NG, I have seen folks complain about Studebaker vendors after being ripped off, only to receive lambasting for being trouble makers, liars, attacking a bona fide good ole boy, etc.. The lambasting does not seem helpful to anyone but the vendor.

Karma is a universal law that nobody escapes, and I do not understand attempts to grant impunity to vendors--- if they are also scoundrels. I believe they should be exposed and, like a jackass in a group of thoroughbreds, culled out.
                JMHO
                Last edited by JoeHall; 04-15-2014, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Well...when the wayward vendor is one of us...I know of no way to handle it pleasantly. It is always embarrassingly awkward. However, that does not mean that it shouldn't be addressed. I seem to recall that back in the '80's...there was a vendor banned from advertising in Turning Wheels, and the disciplinary actions were made public. There is another member, who used to frequent this forum, was a well respected member and restorer. I considered him a friend. Then, for reasons I still don't understand, the wheels came off (pun intended). Something caused him to lose focus, leave projects unfinished, and money not refunded. Another friend, had to rent a truck and drive a few hundred miles to retrieve his unfinished car. Truly a sad set of circumstances that I still don't fully understand.

That said...we need to be certain of our allegations, and use every means of rectifying/resolving a problem before we take it public. The old Biblical admonition about the tongue being mightier than the sword packs a big truth.
                  John Clary
                  Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I kinda remember that,but back in the 80s - though back then I don't think Politically Correct was up and coming
                    Originally posted by jclary View Post
                    Well...when the wayward vendor is one of us...I know of no way to handle it pleasantly. It is always embarrassingly awkward. However, that does not mean that it shouldn't be addressed. I seem to recall that back in the '80's...there was a vendor banned from advertising in Turning Wheels, and the disciplinary actions were made public. There is another member, who used to frequent this forum, was a well respected member and restorer. I considered him a friend. Then, for reasons I still don't understand, the wheels came off (pun intended). Something caused him to lose focus, leave projects unfinished, and money not refunded. Another friend, had to rent a truck and drive a few hundred miles to retrieve his unfinished car. Truly a sad set of circumstances that I still don't fully understand.

That said...we need to be certain of our allegations, and use every means of rectifying/resolving a problem before we take it public. The old Biblical admonition about the tongue being mightier than the sword packs a big truth.
                    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Working...
                    X