Nice 59 Lark FS $7000 in WA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice 59 Lark FS $7000 in WA

I think this is a pretty reasonable deal. What say you? Nice job.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Based on what photos have been supplied and the description of the car, I agree this is a reasonably good deal. This should make a very comfortable and reliable driver.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Not bad at all. it just needs the Regal Grille Surround that missing, just makes it too Scotsman like.

But what is a bit confusing is all Exterior and Interior Pics show everything is Green, Turquoise to be exact.
      That is, except the Interior Window frames, the Door Panels, Arm Rests and the Dash are clearly BLUE.

You have to wonder if the Pics could possibly be THAT far off on the Paint and Upholstery Color.

Here is the one posters here looked at a while back (ended March 5,) that actually IS Blue on Blue.
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/1959-STUDEBA...vip=true&rt=nc

It is not relisted so may have been sold locally. A better Car, priced lower.

Here is the Original Post car, looks Green.

Last edited by StudeRich; 04-14-2014, 04:41 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I agree that it needs its Regal grille surround. It also needs its grille badge relocated to the correct spot.

IMO, the price is too much for a four door 1959 that still needs things.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          Not bad at all. it just needs the Regal Grille Surround that missing, just makes it too Scotsman like.

But what is a bit confusing is all Exterior and Interior Pics show everything is Green, Turquoise to be exact.
          That is, except the Interior Window frames, the Door Panels, Arm Rests and the Dash are clearly BLUE.

You have to wonder if the Pics could possibly be THAT far off on the Paint and Upholstery Color.

Here is the one posters here looked at a while back (ended March 5,) that actually IS Blue on Blue.
          http://www.ebay.com/itm/1959-STUDEBA...vip=true&rt=nc

It is not relisted so may have been sold locally. A better Car, priced lower.

Here is the Original Post car, looks Green.

That ebay car is very very sharp! I especially like that color on it. The Craigslist car is unusually clean and well done inside even if that bright blue is little over the top.
          "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            That one picture (with the doors open) is that far off Dad- look at the front seat/back seat photos again. The seats match the door panels in all the other photos. Trust me on this.

Originally posted by Scott View Post
            That ebay car is very very sharp! I especially like that color on it. The Craigslist car is unusually clean and well done inside even if that bright blue is little over the top.
            The first car Dad posted a pic of is the eBay car, the second is the CL car.

Both are in way better shape then mine~

StudeDave '57
            StudeDave '57
            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
            SDC Member since 1985

past President
            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
            San Diego Chapter SDC
            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I got a little weezie looking at the mix of colours, too....and I even thought Rich would comment before I read the comments (lol). My aunt had a 60 Lark IV that had it all together. It was dark green with a little lighter green interior and dark green tinted glass. It looked elegant.
              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I think you could be right Dave about all of the Interior being many shades of Blue, but look at that door edge with the Turquoise GREEN paint on it! That is just not a good match.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                X