Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel sending unt ( My car didn't come with a cover over the sending unt) in the trunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel sending unt ( My car didn't come with a cover over the sending unt) in the trunk

Did studebaker send cars out the door with no access cover over the fuel sending unit in the trunk?Thanks m. 55 c body I'm in the process of making a cover out of aluminum for the area. Another thing I notice is there are no holes drilled in the flanged area to put sheetmetal screws for the cover ! ?? Wondering how they attach the cover to the trunk ,if they had a cover ? Maybe they just use that dum dum stuff ? Thanks Mike

That seems strange, 'cause on my -55 sedan it's held in place by screws, 3 if I remember right...

Comment

My '55 sedan came with a heavy fiber (paper) access cover glued in place. Of course, once removed it is not reuseable. There are no holes present to use a snap in cover similar to the master cylinder access.
      American iron, real old school
      With two tone paint, it sure is cool

Its got 8 cylinders and uses them all
      With an overdrive that just won't stall

With a 4 barrel carb and dual exhausts
      With 4.23 gears it can really get lost

Its got safety belts and I ain't scared
      The brakes are good and the tires are fair.

Tried to sell her, but got no taker
      I"ll just keep driving my Studebaker

Comment

Chuck Collins sells the metal covers

GSK081 VALLEY COVER GASKET V-8,GSK085 TAPPET BOLT GASKET,GSK102 TIMING COVER GASKET SET,GSK101 TIMING COVER GASKET SET V-8,527196 BOLT,6489724 TIMING COVER

it is on page 7. 289710 COVER

They have many parts for your car.

Robert Kapteyn
        Last edited by rkapteyn; 04-12-2014, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X