Ray Clerici Memorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray Clerici Memorial

It is with a heavy heart that I will be attending the memorial service for Ray Clerici today. We will meet at Franks Smith's house in Napa at noon and caravan over in our Studebakers.

I plan to write up an obituary for Ray after the event. Here's Ray and some of his many trucks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Aug2011 068.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	1743069 Click image for larger version

Name:	Napa 033.jpg
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	1743070 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0005.jpg
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	1743071Click image for larger version

Name:	ClariciPup.jpg
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	1743072
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Sorry to hear about this. I have always admired his '64 Diesel tractor.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
      Sorry to hear about this. I have always admired his '64 Diesel tractor.

Craig
      It's a beauty alright. He was on his way to our last zone meet in 2009 when it puked it's guts out on the freeway. He had to have it towed back to Napa. He was able to fix it easily enough but not quick enough to make it to the Zone meet.
      Jon Stalnaker
      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Beautiful trucks all, especially the blue Transtar, and the red semi, and the red/black.... well, nice trucks one and all. Sorry to hear about Ray. Hope the family is doing all right and all. Nice to hear he had a good send-off at least.
        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

All of Ray's trucks were clean enough to eat off of. Ray told me that when he worked at the gravel pit, his company replaced their Studebaker truck with a newer brand X truck and they pushed the Studebaker truck over the side of the road. It sat there for several years until he asked what they were going to do with it. They gave him the truck! He pulled it back up and after about an hour of work, and some fuel, drove it away.Super attention to detail on all his vehicles. Ray was a real sweetheart of a guy. I will miss him.

Comment

Working...
          X