58 Packard Emblem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58 Packard Emblem

Looking for the plastic emblem that goes on top of the plate light in the middle of the tailgate on a 58 Packard Wagon. This is one tough to find part. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

58 Packard Wagon (Parade Red)
    58 Packard Wagon (Park Green)
    58 Packard Hardtop (parts car)
    58 Packard Sedan (Shadowtone Red)
    57 Packard Wagon (parts car)
    57 Packard Sedan (parts car)
    62 Daytona (White)
    63 Lark Custom 2 Door Sedan R2 (Super Red)

I've got a feeling you are going to be looking for a very looong time for that one! You are not the ONLY one, you know!

The last NOS ones are probably in somebody's emblem collection, right next to the '57 Clipper Emblem![V]

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I've got a feeling you are going to be looking for a very looong time for that one! You are not the ONLY one, you know!

The last NOS ones are probably in somebody's emblem collection, right next to the '57 Clipper Emblem![V]

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The last one I've heard about (and I'd LOVE to have one, BTW) was an NOS one that went on ebay for something like $550 smackers! That's ALOT of money for a 2-inch square of lucite!

Actually, I have a crazed one that I took from a half-disintegrated wagon in Ohio about 10 years ago. IF someone wanted to make some good copies from it, I'd LEND it as a pattern.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

The last one I've heard about (and I'd LOVE to have one, BTW) was an NOS one that went on ebay for something like $550 smackers! That's ALOT of money for a 2-inch square of lucite!

Actually, I have a crazed one that I took from a half-disintegrated wagon in Ohio about 10 years ago. IF someone wanted to make some good copies from it, I'd LEND it as a pattern.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

I thought that was for the chrome housing less a plastic emblem of any kind. Seems to me, they all get a bulge in them from the spring/pivot rod, which makes NOS ones of those so desirable.

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

I thought that was for the chrome housing less a plastic emblem of any kind. Seems to me, they all get a bulge in them from the spring/pivot rod, which makes NOS ones of those so desirable.

Craig

Comment

Nope! I'm talking about the plastic emblem! Yeah, I'd LOVE to have a new housing to use on my wagon, but that one that kurtruk sold on ebay awhile back - it didn't bring as much as the aforementioned emblem did. And I saw an NOS Emblem in the hands of a vendor at Omaha. I figure it's LONG sold by now![}]

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Nope! I'm talking about the plastic emblem! Yeah, I'd LOVE to have a new housing to use on my wagon, but that one that kurtruk sold on ebay awhile back - it didn't bring as much as the aforementioned emblem did. And I saw an NOS Emblem in the hands of a vendor at Omaha. I figure it's LONG sold by now![}]

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Do you recall which vendor, maybe I can track it down......

Comment

Do you recall which vendor, maybe I can track it down......

Comment

I don't remember having the plastic emblem, but I did have an NOS chrome housing for it that I sold to the '58 Packard enthusiast that used to head up the SDC Studebaker Band (sorry, his name escapes me).

Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I don't remember having the plastic emblem, but I did have an NOS chrome housing for it that I sold to the '58 Packard enthusiast that used to head up the SDC Studebaker Band (sorry, his name escapes me).

Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Name escapes me too....was that the individual who was from Ft. Collins, CO ?

Comment

Name escapes me too....was that the individual who was from Ft. Collins, CO ?

Comment

Working...
                              X