This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost car

Would like to locate sold car: I sold my 1963 Studebaker Lark Daytona around 1982-83 in Fair Oaks CA. It was in a trade for a Dodge van conversion. The person I did the trade with sold it to (I was told) a dentist in Fair oaks or Sacramento. The Daytona was somewhat rare. Hardtop, 289, 4-speed,
    factory a/c, twin-traction, disc brakes, dual exhaust, remote antenna from inside, vanity, and best of all factory sliding cloth sun-roof. The car was med-blue w/blue buckets. I had the front seats re-done like stock other than the center part in perforated vinyl. The sliding roof was white. nickbcars

Being that well equipped, is there any possibility it was one of the cars seen in some of the advertising? http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ighlight=blair

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
      Being that well equipped, is there any possibility it was one of the cars seen in some of the advertising? http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ighlight=blair

Craig
      Good point/question, Craig.
      That car is either the one pictured in the large 1963 color brochure (PD 63-14) or it was ordered to be a match to that car.
      I owned a 1963 Daytona Skytop, that I knew since new, but it did not have that much equipment. "Mine" now resides in Mass.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

nickbcars,

By any chance do you have the car's serial number?
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
        Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Wasnt someone keeping a skytop registry? Steve
          sigpic

Comment

There is a registry, but I don't have the info for it. You might try and contact Ben Rew in jacksonville Fla. He has a 62 and 63 Skytop Lark. Send me a pm and I will give you his phone #
            Neil Thornton

Comment

If it went to Cuba, it could qualify as a "NEW CAR".
              Corley

Comment

Can I suggest you edit your Post title to include either Fair Oaks or Sacramento? That would catch the attention of members in that area. You can do that by clicking Edit and then Go Advanced
                Pat Dilling
                Olivehurst, CA
                Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

No numbers, was long, long ago

Comment

Fair Oaks is in the Karel Staple area and I have not seen a Daytona Skytop at any of our events in the 9 years that I have been affiliated with the club. Maybe one of our other members has seen the car. A Skytop is something we would remember.
                    Jon Stalnaker
                    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

I think I may have pictures of that car around here some where. It, or one just like it in California was advertised in turning wheels and my Dad was corresponding with the seller to about buying it. The pictures the seller sent were of the car with the interior out and original paint with grey primer spots during restoration and then pics of it repainted and done. Gorgeous car. I think the price was around $4000. Dad ended up not buying it but man I wish he had. Curious thing is, I was just thinking of what happened to that car myself a couple weeks ago, assuming its the same one. I'll see if I can dig up the pics. Not sure though I've moved twice since then and I have seen them since the first move in '90. I don't remember the sellers name but the pics were sent to my Dad William Woodcox in Antwerp Ohio later in the 1980's maybe around 1986 or '87. Good luck with your search.
                      Its doesn't seem to be on this registry.
                      Last edited by David; 04-12-2014, 08:28 PM.
                      sigpic
                      '89 Ford Festiva
                      '90 Ford F250 4x4
                      '18 Kia Soul
                      '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
                      '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

With car sales so strong on the internet. It could be almost anywhere.

Comment

Sorry, posted on the wrong thread...............not sure how that happened.
                          Last edited by r1lark; 09-01-2022, 02:54 PM.
                          Paul
                          Winston-Salem, NC
                          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                          Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Daytona Hardtop Skytop1.png Views:	0 Size:	17.1 KB ID:	1957251 Maybe THIS one?

Sorry, I don't know where it is now, my Photo is from a For Sale AD in May 2018.
                            Probably Not, it has a Out of Country Lic. Plate and a Black Interior.
                            Last edited by StudeRich; 09-01-2022, 03:21 PM.
                            StudeRich
                            Second Generation Stude Driver,
                            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Like most I've experienced seller's remorse on many occasions over the years wishing I could be afforded a 're-do' but that has yet to happen. Good luck on your quest.

Comment

Working...
                              X