Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hill Climb

To whoever is listening:

Turning Wheels wants a story on Studebaker participation in this hill climb. Any volunteers?

Have you posted over on Racing Studebakers?

Chris Pile
    The Studebaker Special
    Midway Chapter SDC
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Have you posted over on Racing Studebakers?

Chris Pile
      The Studebaker Special
      Midway Chapter SDC
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

OK, Since the "infamous" Bob Palma will probably NOT be talking a lot! whoppee! <G> (HEY that means he'll actually have to listen to me!) I'll get his chair set up for photos and "written" commentary! (we all know Bob is "good" with words, heck, he's a used car-- nevermind) BOSEG!!!!!
        I will have my camera there and ready for a photo documentation, I'm sure there will be others!
        See everybody there

Jim
        "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
        their Memorials!

Comment

OK, Since the "infamous" Bob Palma will probably NOT be talking a lot! whoppee! <G> (HEY that means he'll actually have to listen to me!) I'll get his chair set up for photos and "written" commentary! (we all know Bob is "good" with words, heck, he's a used car-- nevermind) BOSEG!!!!!
          I will have my camera there and ready for a photo documentation, I'm sure there will be others!
          See everybody there

Jim
          "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
          their Memorials!

Comment

Don't everybody yell at once! Where is Lark Parker when a person needs him?

Comment

Don't everybody yell at once! Where is Lark Parker when a person needs him?

Comment

Jim observes: "we all know Bob is "good" with words, heck, he's a used car--"

Now , why the HECK didn't that ever occur to me! DUH[xx(]

Art, had I known of your needs for coverage, I'd have arranged for you to provide me with recompense to fly there - shoot pics and write coverage - and then return to do the article.

(And Art's sittin' there thinkin' "Yeah, Write!")

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Jim observes: "we all know Bob is "good" with words, heck, he's a used car--"

Now , why the HECK didn't that ever occur to me! DUH[xx(]

Art, had I known of your needs for coverage, I'd have arranged for you to provide me with recompense to fly there - shoot pics and write coverage - and then return to do the article.

(And Art's sittin' there thinkin' "Yeah, Write!")

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

if you guys are talking about newport. i saw a nice 51 biz coupe and a 40 coupe this morning when i when i went by on 41. its a great show there. but they wont lrt me run the kenworth in it.dan

Comment

if you guys are talking about newport. i saw a nice 51 biz coupe and a 40 coupe this morning when i when i went by on 41. its a great show there. but they wont lrt me run the kenworth in it.dan

Comment

Bob, That would have been a good idea! You could have flown into indy, and I could have picked you up on the way to get BP, then after Newport, dropped you back off at the airport! You would save the hotel bill thay way! <G>
                        I'll be sure to supply Bob with a LOT ensure and pureed elephant ears!

Jim

their Memorials!

Comment

Bob, That would have been a good idea! You could have flown into indy, and I could have picked you up on the way to get BP, then after Newport, dropped you back off at the airport! You would save the hotel bill thay way! <G>
                          I'll be sure to supply Bob with a LOT ensure and pureed elephant ears!

Jim

their Memorials!

Comment

Thanks Jim. Now all I need to do is convince the TW honcho to loosen the purse strings a bit to pay for my excursions (JUST the airfare & car rental(when necessary) even!) and I'll start doing reports from as far afield as the editor's willing to fly me![}]

eh..... not going to pack any bags just yet.

Miscreant adrift in
                            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                            1960 Larkvertible V8
                            1958 Provincial wagon
                            1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Thanks Jim. Now all I need to do is convince the TW honcho to loosen the purse strings a bit to pay for my excursions (JUST the airfare & car rental(when necessary) even!) and I'll start doing reports from as far afield as the editor's willing to fly me![}]

eh..... not going to pack any bags just yet.

Miscreant adrift in
                              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                              1960 Larkvertible V8
                              1958 Provincial wagon
                              1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X