I Dood It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Dood It

No, not the Red Skelton movie that was on TCM the other night. I guess I could have used Brittany Spears' "Oops, I Did It Again," but I decided to go old school. Lookie at what I bought today (against my better judgment and against all reason):

It's a '49 Regal Deluxe Champion. Guess what, Brian? It has a radio with a roll up antenna (but it's not for sale). Note to Howe Clark: This one drives and stops and the hood even opens. First order of business when I get it home next week is to soak that hood release cable with 3-in-1 oil.

Will take more photos when I get it home next week and will give more gory details. As is usually the case, the car is not nearly as nice as the photos might have you believe. Will write more in a day or two. Gotta go now. It was a big day.

Great score Mark, I hope you have a lot of fun with it. It certainly should get some serious LOOKS from people if you can use it as a driver.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Love those Starlight's!

Dick Lee

Dick
      Mountain Home, AR
      http://www.livingintheozarks.com/studebaker2.htm

Comment

I noticed the SC tag. Looks kinda familiar. So, where did it come from?

Some day, perhaps we can get our "First by far with a post war car" vehicles together in the same location. Would be fun to compare the different body styles and nuanced design changes for the 47/48/49 years.

By the way...great acquisition...you are well on your way to a very good collective stable of vintage Studes
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I should have known....How much do you want for the antenna? Oh wait, you said it wasn't for sale. Nice score! That is a nice looking vehicle you have there! Have fun with it.
          1947 Studebaker M-5
          1946 Studebaker M-5
          1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
          1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
          1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
            I noticed the SC tag. Looks kinda familiar. So, where did it come from?

Some day, perhaps we can get our "First by far with a post war car" vehicles together in the same location. Would be fun to compare the different body styles and nuanced design changes for the 47/48/49 years.

By the way...great acquisition...you are well on your way to a very good collective stable of vintage Studes
            Thanks, John. I do prefer the '49 grille over the 47-48 on the Champions. The car was (still is, right now) in Camden, just north of Columbia. Will need some work before I can drive it back up to SC. Maybe you can drive yours down to GA for the comparison?

This is definitely the last one for me. No more room in the garage. And no more money. Three Studebakers are probably three too many!

Comment

Cool , you will enjoy driving it. The traverse front spring gives a different feel when driving it.
              Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
              1961 Hawk 4-speed
              1967 Avanti
              1961 Lark 2 door
              1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

And if you had not bought it you would be kicking yourself later. Great score. Have fun with it.
                Ed Sallia
                Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Working...
                X