Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a good v8 bad body 62-64 Lark, even up to 66

Good morning

It's getting close to Studebaker building season for those of us without garages on the fringes of the Great Plains. I am hoping to fix the doors on my 62 hardtop and make some headway on the interior.

Another thing I would like to do is replace my trusty six/automatic with a V8, be it a 259 or 289. I'm probably known as an OHV supporter and I have a 185 ohv on my bucket list but my Lark is the closest I am going to get to a sports cars of lets go with an eight.

Ideally what I would like to find up my way is a good engine, bad body Lark that I could get some use out of the engine while hopefully, someday I can completely rebuild another v8. When that would be, I don't know at this time. Years ago I bought a 283 out of a low mileage 66 and for some reason took it apart, fell ill, and it is still apart and weathered. A few years ago bought a 63 V8, and the process repeated itself. Two years ago, I bought a 62 V8 and with in a month of the purchase my mother fell and broke her hip and arm and recently my father passed away.

Rather than tempt fate on something that may have been in a field or stored under a tarp, what is out there for a transplant? I ideally would like a V8/auto but if the right V8/3spd or four came around... I do not want to buy a Lark that I would be tempted to fix so no 64 2 door sedans Something I could get some good use from without fogging the neighborhood for mosquitos (if it ever rains)

Perhaps this is a fools errand but I would actually like to drive my Lark more than I work on it

V8s are more fun that sixes right?

Well, post and pm me with contact info, I hope to get a bit of work done on the hardtop this spring, summer and fall but sometime life has other plans for us

Jeff T.
    \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
    The Replacements.

I have snow to watch melt. I'd look for a great 259 or 289 that is running. You'll need mounts and V8 front springs. Tranny and drive shaft would be a help, and the radiator. When's your first SDC meet this year? Lots of good Stude folk in Nebraska.
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Working...
    X