speedster horns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speedster horns

Making progress on reassembling the speedster after paint. Discovered the horns that came with the car are useless. I guess they were fried from being in the Arizona sun for years. Does anyone have a set of horn for sale? or know of a reasonable shop that restores horns?
    I will be at the South Bend swap meet with extra speedster parts (most needing restoration) in May.

Did your car have the triple tone set of THREE?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

As a speedster, it's supposed to have 3 horns.Hi, Lo and???. The horns, four of them, that came with the car were in a box (with other parts) Some are marked "Hi" or "Lo." None of them work.

Comment

Yes, three horns, presume high & low plus a trumpet-style horn. This last one is usually missing and hard to find.

Your horns will be easy to fix - take off the covers, rub some emery cloth between the contacts, and go. You may have to adjust the gap. 10 minutes each, if not rusted to death.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks!. I'll give that a try. Studebaker International sent me a trumpet horn, saying it was the third horn for a speedster. I didn't think it was the right horn, but I guess it is. Thanks again for the info.

Comment

Working...
          X