Spring drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring drive

We went for a nice spring drive in our 1950 Champion, but had to come home when it started snowing

Hate when that happens.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

The year I left Minnesota, we had precipitation of some sort (rain, snow, sleet, hail) 47 weekends out of 52. It could be nice all week, but come the weekend, the sky would dump.
      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Mine's staying under wraps until mucho rain washes away all the saline solution they poured on the roads the last FIVE MONTHS!
        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
          We went for a nice spring drive in our 1950 Champion, but had to come home when it started snowing
          Could not believe your thread when I saw your post. I had a great day polishing my daily driver yesterday however like Dave no intention of driving any of the Studebakers. I admire your pluck but will wait until the salt washes from the roads before I attempt a drive. Had to blow snow today. Let's hope the weather keeps improving so that we can put those Studes on the road.
          sigpic
          55 President Deluxe
          64 Commander
          66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Its a good thing that you did not take the Dictator. Those skinny tires could get stuck in the white stuff. Your garage must face another direction as there is still a big drift in front of my Stude storage. Could not get them out if I wanted to!! Where or where is spring?? I used to think the weather sucked in South Bend in the first weekend in May but that's looking good from my perspective here and now. There, now that I rant, I feel better!! Cruising season will come!!

Bob
            64 Daytona & 60 ZLark Convert
            Bob
            Welland Ontario
            60 Lark Convertible
            64 Daytona
            sigpic
            "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

Today was a better day in some ways, I was switching cars around and had the Champion parked on the road.

I moved the Dictator to the other garage and then we got in the Champion to go out again and it would not start.

We then got the Dictator back out and drove it to meet a friend for coffee on the other side of town.

For some reason people were staring at us!

It ran perfectly, then we pushed the Champion into the garage with the help of Steve T and John Thompson who had just dropped by and a neighbour.

Steve T had the 65 Commander running and will take it home tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                .......... Steve T and John Thompson who had just dropped by and a neighbour.
                Steve T had the 65 Commander running and will take it home tomorrow.
                Great to hear that Steve will be picking up the '65, I am anxious to see that car on the road. Steve certainly keeps the Studebaker brand visible (well both Steves).
                sigpic
                55 President Deluxe
                64 Commander
                66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Working...
                X