'56 Golden Hawk on TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '56 Golden Hawk on TV

I watched the "What's My Car Worth"? episode with the beautiful '56 Golden Hawk (for about the umpteenth time) and it only brought $80k. What the seller should have done is pasted on some design elements from a '57 Chevy and the price would have gone through the roof. Pathetic? You bet!
    peter lee

Originally posted by plee4139 View Post
    I watched the "What's My Car Worth"? episode with the beautiful '56 Golden Hawk (for about the umpteenth time) and it only brought $80k. What the seller should have done is pasted on some design elements from a '57 Chevy and the price would have gone through the roof. Pathetic? You bet!
    "Only" $80k? The new owner is certainly not a CASO.

Comment

This was a very low-volume car as it had two 4-bbl carbs and was in flawless condition. Does CASO stand for Chevys Are So Overpriced?
      peter lee

Comment

This was a very low-volume car as it had two 4-bbl carbs and was in flawless condition. Does CASO stand for Chevys Are So Overpriced?
        That gets my vote. Why people pay so much money for vehicles that there are still a lot of is a mystery. If I plug my Studebaker in at the end of a line of '55, '56, '57 Chevy's at a car show mine always gets the most interest from everyone, except the Chevy guys, who are pissed because I'm there stealing their thunder.
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

What Ed said is true. I've parked my Lark next to Chevys at cruise nights and my car gets more good comments than the Chevys. It's probably because Chevys are a dime-a-dozen, so to speak, and the Studebakers are more unusual to the public.
          Rog
          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Except for Chapter events, I can usually say (at cruise nights) I have the best looking Studebaker here tonight!
            Peter Bishop

Comment

This was originally a no-volume car as the factory did not build them with two 4-bbl. carbs.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

It didn't sell for 80K. It didn't make reserve, the seller was looking for 6 figures. It was a beautiful car.

Were the air cleaners correct for this car? Also was the painted horn ring correct?
                Jon Stalnaker
                Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

I agree that Studebakers are priceless. As you can tell from my signature, I don't have a problem with paying for quality. Or spending your money on what you want. I guess the point I was trying to make was that $80k was waaaaay out of my price range. And here it didn't even sell--seller wanted 6 figures. I guess I could sell my house and move into the car. I wonder if the bank would sell a mortgage to me so I could pay off the difference after I sold the house?

Comment

This was a very low-volume car as it had two 4-bbl carbs and was in flawless condition.
                    No 56J came with factory installed dual quads. The manifold and carbs were swapped from a 1955 or 1956 Caribbean that came with factory installed dual quads.

Comment

Originally posted by WinM1895 View Post
                      No 56J came with factory installed dual quads. The manifold and carbs were swapped from a 1955 or 1956 Caribbean that came with factory installed dual quads.
                      What is funny is the fact that the rammelschnitz clearly stated that it was one of four that was originally equipped with dual fours. Couldn't a dealer be the original duall 4 barrel equipper? Yes, another repeated. Many of these car shows are repeated to infinitism. That foose show while turning out some nice cars kinda makes you wonder what criteria the car and owner must meet before the producers commision old Chip to perform the overhaulin. Be interesting to watch them overhaul a van that a homeless person actually uses for his home. I kinda like the All Girls Garage. Kinda entertaining watching women that actually know more about cars than some men. I wish my wife was qualified or at least interested in wrenching like those girls. cheers jimmijim
                      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Working...
                      X