Do you like this modification?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you like this modification?

I kinda do. Looks like it's moving even when it's standing still. Maybe this is that one elusive '51 Commander Business coupe?
    Last edited by southbend; 03-21-2014, 02:35 AM.

Looks pretty good. I am not sure I like the spoiler on the chin. Wish there were more photos of the rear end too.
    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

More photos here:

Comment

Originally posted by southbend View Post
        http://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-O...US_Cars_Trucks

I kinda do. Looks like it's moving even when it's standing still. Maybe this is that one elusive '51 Commander Business coupe?
        I think it is very nicely done. The video is a good statement about the truck. My only nit is I think the tailgate should be the blue color rather than white.
        Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I would not have messed with the original instrument cluster. The arrangement with generic aftermarket gauges as shown reminds me of a '64 Falcon.

Craig

Comment

That is one well done car/truck!

The only let down to me is the frumpy cloth seat and the 327 chebby. (nothing wrong with that just ordinary).

The body work is outstanding.
            Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
              I would not have messed with the original instrument cluster. The arrangement with generic aftermarket gauges as shown reminds me of a '64 Falcon.

Craig
              Agreed. The interior details is where this one misses the mark. Any modified vehicle needs a theme to look right. The street rod gauge panel does not improve the look and the mixture of knob and handle styles is sloppy. Going down the road it is still a slick vehicle that will turn heads, but a little more care would have made it stunning.
              "In the heart of Arkansas."
              Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

No. The front styling and the color choice is to me cartoonish; like the builder sat through "Cars" too many times.

jack vines
                PackardV8

Comment

I like it, there are a few picky things I don't think are just right, but overall I think it looks great.

I especially like the rear window treatment, I find these conversions often seem to lack in that area.
                  Last edited by johnod; 03-21-2014, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Seeing it in the picture I'd say there was some serious detail to the merging of metal for this project.

The bed and rear window are nicely done. As with any Commander, I think there should be a .50 Cal mounted out the back since the window reminds me of a tail gunner's nest.

I've seen a 56 Ford 2 door wagon transformed to a "Ranchero" and it was not this nicely done.

Not my taste, but I'd say it's a cool car.

Comment

I really like it, but I agree that the interior is the letdown.

Comment

I'd see about putting a Stude motor back under the hood, and then drive the wheels off that thing.
                        I think it's delicious!
                        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
                          I'd see about putting a Stude motor back under the hood, and then drive the wheels off that thing.
                          When you coulda had an SBC.

Comment

I like it. Although I would opt for different wheels and no chin spoiler. Thanks for the link.

Comment

The rear window is not a business coupe, The busines coupes had a divider, It's out of a 4 door, Looks very nice
                              101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Working...
                              X