Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '57; '58 Packard Clipper

Hello Everyone,
    I think I read a while back that someone was starting a registry / contact group for '57 & '58 Packard Clippers. Did this ever get off the ground & if so how do I contact the person in charge? I am restoring a '57 Country Sedan (wagon) and any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Bill

I don't know about the registry but a friend just yesterday as if I could help him sell his 57 Packardbaker as he and other call it, lots of work has been done and it runs and drives and is complete, not sure the price yet I told him to think about what he wants for it and let me know, also no pictures at this time he is not a computer guy.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
      I think I read a while back that someone was starting a registry / contact group for '57 & '58 Packard Clippers.

Did this ever get off the ground & if so how do I contact the person in charge? I am restoring a '57 Country Sedan (wagon) and any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
      Clipper name only used on 1957's, 1958's are just plain 'ol Packard's.

Comment

I also am restoring a 1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan (station wagon) and would be interested in a registry. Especially here on the Studebaker side of things as these cars are basically a Studebaker anyway. I apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings by saying that.
        There's one over on the Packard Forum but seems like it doesn't get used much.
        Would be interesting to see how many of these cars still exist.
        sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
        Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
        "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
          Hello Everyone, I think I read a while back that someone was starting a registry / contact group for '57 & '58 Packard Clippers. Did this ever get off the ground & if so how do I contact the person in charge? I am restoring a '57 Country Sedan (wagon) and any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Bill
          That may have been me, or someone dropping my name. I started a registry just before I retired from the NAVY. But since then it's been one family crisis after another, and it didn't get very far. I won't get into the whole story here, but one day I hope to take a stab at it again. I believe someone else is tracking the '58 wagons, but I'm not sure if anyone is doing the '57s. I've had no contact from any one doing either.

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
          I don't know about the registry but a friend just yesterday as if I could help him sell his 57 Packardbaker as he and other call it, lots of work has been done and it runs and drives and is complete, not sure the price yet I told him to think about what he wants for it and let me know, also no pictures at this time he is not a computer guy.
          Bob- there was on eBay last week- you oughtta check it out for an idea as to where the market is right now. Honestly I was shocked it didn't get bid any higher. You may have seen the car when you where up to Bellingham for our Zone Meet a few years ago..

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
          There's one over on the Packard Forum but seems like it doesn't get used much.
          Would be interesting to see how many of these cars still exist.
          Those guys don't have much love for our Stude-based Packards. Nor do they seem to want to help.
          When I started my Registry I asked for help and never even got a reply.

StudeDave '57
          Last edited by StudeDave57; 03-20-2014, 10:40 AM. Reason: added stuff
          StudeDave '57
          US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
          SDC Member since 1985

past President
          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
          San Diego Chapter SDC
          North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I have been keeping a registry of the 58 Packard station wagons since 1999. If you know of any, please send me a pm. Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X