Vinyl color name for Seats,Door Panels of my 1961 Lark VI 2Door Sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinyl color name for Seats,Door Panels of my 1961 Lark VI 2Door Sedan

Ok can anyone tell me the "TRUE NAME" of COLOR for the Vinyl in my 1961 LARK VI ? The only place I found any thing with the same color is at Studebaker International Catalog the windlace and they call it " TAUPE ". But is that the real color name. I need to buy some vinyl dye to to replace a armrest. Doesn't anyone know someone that sells vinyl dye in Studebaker colors. Or doesn't anyone have one of these driver side armrest in this color.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Budensor; 03-19-2014, 01:32 PM. Reason: Word Spelled wrong

Taupe.

Chris.

Comment

Chris,
      Thanks ! BUT where would someone like me find that Info. I'm very new to the Studebaker World. Is it in any books ? I've not found it any that I have.
      Thanks
      Bud

Comment

Dealer Facts books, color and upholstery selectors, parts catalogs, etc. Basically various original Studebaker publications.

Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by stude dude View Post
          Dealer Facts books, color and upholstery selectors, parts catalogs, etc. Basically various original Studebaker publications.Chris.
          That is correct, the Dealer "Fact Books" have actual Seat Material Samples in them. It's the kind of stuff that our Forum Member Richard Quinn has.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I do have a color and upholstery selector here that I will sell. Cost you $30 pp.

Chris.

Comment

Ok Thanks guys ! But does any one have the right color material like that so I can cover "ONE" armrest or know where I can buy that color vinyl dye to dye another one ?

Comment

Have you tried SMS in Oregon? They have a lot of rolls of OEM Material:
                http://www.smsautofabrics.com/produc...-materials.php

As well as Starlight Studebaker:
                http://starlightstude.wordpress.com/
                StudeRich
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The Studebaker name for that color is Brown Metallic Vinyl. It would appear as BRV on the production order. I haven't seen any 'off the shelf' dye that matches it. Maybe if you can cut off a small swatch and take it to a paint shop that sells vinyl dye.
                  Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Originally posted by Dwain G. View Post
                    The Studebaker name for that color is Brown Metallic Vinyl. It would appear as BRV on the production order. I haven't seen any 'off the shelf' dye that matches it. Maybe if you can cut off a small swatch and take it to a paint shop that sells vinyl dye.
                    Hey, Thanks Dwain because all of the books I have only show red, green, tan, black, blue& brown. this car had a Brown dash. I've been told that the 1961 Lark had different thing. One person told me that some had 1962 dash. But this one looks like 1960. I've found NOS pad in TAN but it don't match at all. Thanks for your help Bud.

Comment

Shame its for the drivers side. I have a bunch of N.O.S. ones in that color for the passenger side.

Chris.
                      Last edited by stude dude; 03-20-2014, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Let's see a pic of your dash. It shouldn't look like a '60.

Comment

Originally posted by Budensor View Post
                          Hey, Thanks Dwain because all of the books I have only show red, green, tan, black, blue& brown. this car had a Brown dash. I've been told that the 1961 Lark had different thing. One person told me that some had 1962 dash. But this one looks like 1960. I've found NOS pad in TAN but it don't match at all. Thanks for your help Bud.
                          FYI: WOW! I see that unfounded RUMORS abound!
                          A '61 Lark with the square cornered Windshield, the Cowl Vent Heating System Overhead mounted Clutch & Brake Pedal, and right hand located Glovebox is NOT even close to a '60 Lark!
                          StudeRich
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

My 1961 Lark VI dash

Originally posted by Dwain G. View Post
                            Let's see a pic of your dash. It shouldn't look like a '60.
                            Dwain is 1960 or 1962
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Budensor; 03-20-2014, 02:42 PM. Reason: Pic up side down

Comment

Here's a 1960 dash. Now technically, this is an instrument panel. The part we call the firewall is a 'dash' to Studebaker. An outdated term from the horse drawn days.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1960-Studebaker-Hawk-81181340717679.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	1688342

Comment

Working...
                              X