looking for a bench seat for a 62 champ pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a bench seat for a 62 champ pickup

Any one local south bend area that is parting out a champ or has an old champ bench seat for a reasonable price please message me. I plan to recover it so the fabric wont matter just need a decent seat thats not rusted out. A previous owner put it an old 80s dodge seat that looks bad so I would like to replace ot with original.

You will be able to use any bench seat from a Lark that has two bolts on each side (62-66) - that should widen your search somewhat. Think some have even used a bench with a split back to get access behind the seat - not that there is a lot of room back there...

Good luck

Comment

The previous owner of my Champ indeed did put split back seat from a Lark in the truck. I must confess I do not know what year it came from, but since the Champs were based on '59 and'60 Larks I would think such a seat from one of those years would work. The split back is a great choice for the very reasons 62champ mentioned.
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I have one that I would give away. But I am in Los Angeles. There is a riser under the seat tracks on the T-Cab trucks that the adjusters sit on since Pass. cars don't have the gas tank under the drivers seat like the trucks do. Or you will have to make your own spacers. Stude made them out of wood, shaped like a wedge.
        Last edited by Alan; 03-17-2014, 11:55 AM.

Comment

I have a parts truck that's been sitting in the back forty for about twenty years that doesn't seem to bad metal wise just from glancing at it. Your more than welcome to look at and have it if you do the wrenching. Give me a pm if Interested.

Comment

I've got one here in Mn you can have for free if you have a way to pick it up.

Comment

Working...
            X