1960-62 vs. 1963-66 Stude wagon interior dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1960-62 vs. 1963-66 Stude wagon interior dimensions

As well all know; the Lark series went through a major redesign for 1963 and the station wagons look to have lost some interior height at that time. Could someone here clue me in whether my observations are correct or not?
    --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

I would think '59-'61 would be the same, as would '62-'63; '64-'66

Comment

'63 through '66 wagons are essentially the same shell. There might not be that much difference in actual interior height from the earlier wagons (might) - but with the sliding roof having the cardboard headliner, there might have been an inch or two more... Someone else might have access to actual numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Effie View Post
        I would think '59-'61 would be the same, as would '62-'63; '64-'66
        1962 wagon bodies are like 1959-1961 wagons. 1963 wagons are like 1964-1966 wagons, as far as rear compartment size and interior dimensions.

A 1963 Wagonaire is 190 3/16 inches long, 71 1/4 wide, 57 high (loaded).
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
          '63 through '66 wagons are essentially the same shell. There might not be that much difference in actual interior height from the earlier wagons (might) - but with the sliding roof having the cardboard headliner, there might have been an inch or two more... Someone else might have access to actual numbers.
          Originally posted by studegary View Post
          1962 wagon bodies are like 1959-1961 wagons. 1963 wagons are like 1964-1966 wagons, as far as rear compartment size and interior dimensions.

A 1963 Wagonaire is 190 3/16 inches long, 71 1/4 wide, 57 high (loaded).
          As both of you stated there. My main question is does anybody know offhand whether the 1960-62 SW has more interior height (between the cargo floor and headliner) compared the the 1963-66 body? I omitted the 1959 because I'm not interested in a 2 door wagon.

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I just went out and measured my 62 wagon. It is about 32 1/2" from cargo floor to headliner, measured right behind the center of the rear seat. Hope this helps.

Chad

Comment

Originally posted by Chad Huth View Post
              I just went out and measured my 62 wagon. It is about 32 1/2" from cargo floor to headliner, measured right behind the center of the rear seat. Hope this helps.

Chad
              Thank you. For some reason I thought the 1959-62 SW's had more interior height.

Comment

The only difference between a '54 to '62 Wagon Cargo Area and a '63-'66 Wagonaire I have noted, is the floor space.

When you install the factory Rubber Cargo Area floor mat for a '54-'62 you see the more square rear corner where the Mat is slightly smaller than the Wagonaire floor.

Of course when it comes to tailgate opening size and headliner clearance with roof closed, that is another story, they have to differ some.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                X