Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CASOmobile! Running/driving '64 Commander for $1,400 in MO (not mine)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CASOmobile! Running/driving '64 Commander for $1,400 in MO (not mine)

Last edited by hausdok; 03-16-2014, 11:06 PM. Reason: Removed photos linked to another site. When one clicks on those photos one is taken to other sites selling stuff.

Comment

Bermuda Brown? Reminds me of the car PlainBrownR2 has that he had to retire.

Comment

It is indeed Bermuda Brown. It belongs to SDC member Larry Mitchell of Taylor MO. Larry has driven that Commander from Missouri to The Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race in central Michigan several times, but not within the last couple of years.

The car is a bargain at that price; it really is. If you want a genuine 1964 F-body V8, call Larry and buy this thing post haste. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Wow, I wish it was closer to me. That looks like a steal for $1400!

Comment

I've being hoping to find a 64 2-door in bermuda brown (it will match my cruiser) looks like I'll be giving him a call.

Joe
            sigpic

1962 Daytona
            1964 Cruiser
            And a few others

Comment

Be careful clicking on any links associated with these pictures!!! I clicked on the first picture. Then I clicked on "NEXT" and it opened some kind of picture album. Then it started opening all sorts of other windows.

I shut down my computer, re-started it and ran a virus scan. No virus was found, but I didn't like all the other stuff popping up automatically. I suppose I'm a little suspicious, but, you never know.
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by irish View Post
                I've being hoping to find a 64 2-door in Bermuda Brown (it will match my cruiser) looks like I'll be giving him a call. Joe
                You'd better do it quick, Joe. In all honesty, I am working on Income Tax right now and if I get sidetracked, I'll never get back to it. If it was already done and I felt relaxed, I'd be giving Larry a call....and in all likelihood, making arrangements to hook up the trailer and head west.

As I said, I've seen this car several times when Larry drove it to The Pure Stock Drags, but not for about five years. Unless it has spent the last five years as a "runner" in a damp salt mine underneath Utah, it is a screaming bargain...and Larry Mitchell is an honest, straight guy who won't mislead you about the car's condition.

Good luck. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                  Be careful clicking on any links associated with these pictures!!! I clicked on the first picture. Then I clicked on "NEXT" and it opened some kind of picture album. Then it started opening all sorts of other windows.

I shut down my computer, re-started it and ran a virus scan. No virus was found, but I didn't like all the other stuff popping up automatically. I suppose I'm a little suspicious, but, you never know.
                  My virus program (avast) alert went off too.

Comment

That is a clean looking body, regardless of what color it turns out to be, but the engine compartment looks like it's a Missouri car for sure.
                    What is the metal box on the passenger fender side under the hood?
                    Last edited by LeoH; 03-14-2014, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LeoH View Post
                      That is a clean looking body, regardless of what color it turns out to be, but the engine compartment looks like it's a Missouri car for sure.
                      What is the metal box on the passenger fender side under the hood?
                      That's not a metal box. It's a plastic coolant recovery tank.

Comment

After some e-mail correspondence last night, Larry and I settled the deal on the phone this morning and so I will be heading to Missouri in April to retrieve the Commander. I am looking forward to this road trip and look forward to meeting Larry. I hope to put a few miles on the car this summer as an occasional daily driver and maybe some local car shows too. I'll keep you posted with photos.
                        sigpic
                        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Bermuda Brown? Reminds me of the car PlainBrownR2 has that he had to retire.

Yep, that looks like a much better spitting image of the one I used to drive, except mine is all decked out in the R2/Powershift trim, and has black interior panels with Daytona black bucket seats! Midwest salt ain't much kind on these here cars after 11-12 years of driving them around Chicago, but hopefully those parts will get a second life in the '63 Daytona I'm working on!
                          1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                          1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                          1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                          1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                            After some e-mail correspondence last night, Larry and I settled the deal on the phone this morning and so I will be heading to Missouri in April to retrieve the Commander. I am looking forward to this road trip and look forward to meeting Larry. I hope to put a few miles on the car this summer as an occasional daily driver and maybe some local car shows too. I'll keep you posted with photos.
                            Excellent, Brent. Congrats on getting it nailed down pronto.

I can't imagine your being disappointed. Best to both you and Larry. BP

Comment

Congratulations. And...I think a rather "timely" buy, as I conclude by recent chatter...these cars are coming into their own as desirable cars. Of course, unless the hobby gets derailed by burdensome regulations, the later Studebakers are more "roadable" for modern traffic as drivers.
                              John Clary
                              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Working...
                              X