PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Stude meets...

Mike Van Veghten
03-12-2014, 11:37 AM
Any of you CA. people or specifically SoCal people heading to the Petersen Museum this Sunday (16th) for the Winter Meet ?

Mike

brngarage
03-12-2014, 01:22 PM
I certainly hope so! We should have an excellent turnout. Weather forecast is for around 80 degrees.
For those who don't know, we have invited the Hudson, Essex, Terraplane club to join us and we expect them to bring 10 or more cars. Should be a great meet. Join us!!
Thanks for the plug Mike!

alaipairod
03-12-2014, 02:47 PM
You can bet that my Wife and I will be there,
We will drive our '50 Starlight Coupe from Frazier Park.
Should be an exciting trip, and a fun day.......

doug
03-12-2014, 02:54 PM
Mike, and everyone else, meet me in the swap meet area.

doug

StudeDave57
03-13-2014, 12:24 PM
I flew back to SoCal yesterday evening.

Even though I am StudeLess- I may drop in for kicks.

warrlaw1
03-13-2014, 12:27 PM
I know that the Petersen Museum is a famous place and Petersen publications were my hotrod mag faves, but I would settle for a day at Bob Petersen's place or follow him around for a day. Good luck at the meet.

brngarage
03-13-2014, 01:56 PM
StudeDave57 I hope to see you again at our meet Sunday.

Warren Webb
03-13-2014, 03:47 PM
Joy has even said she wants to come. She enjoys taking pictures & loves going to the Petersen so you might just say "Hi" if you see a blonde, about 5'5 walking around with a camera. I should have my Stude Internet badge on unless one of the grandkids get ahold of it before then.

StudeDave57
03-15-2014, 11:20 AM
Bummer- only six of us are gonna be there... :confused:

StudeDave '57 :cool:

brngarage
03-15-2014, 12:56 PM
You will be in good Studebaker company!

scott.rodgers
03-15-2014, 07:10 PM
Yes - I can't wait to go!

brngarage
03-15-2014, 07:18 PM
I'm glad everyone is looking forward to our meet tomorrow.
We should have great weather and a fantastic selection of Studebakers, plus Hudsons (and hopefully some Packards, Erskines and a Rockne or two).
Also, no marathon closing freeways and the change to daylight savings time is already complete.
See you tomorrow!

WinM1895
03-15-2014, 07:25 PM
I know that the Petersen Museum is a famous place and Petersen publications were my hotrod mag faves, but...
I would settle for a day at Bob Petersen's place or follow him around for a day. :confused:
Robert Petersen is as dead as Julius Caesar, and if you see a short blonde walking around with a camera, it could be "She...who must be obeyed."

She and I both attended the 2004 event, and may show up tomorrow.

When we drove into the parking lot, the way to the roof was blocked by a 1958 Packard being backed off a trailer. Then I noticed the driver squeeze out of the car.

It was Jim Swank (alphues), who is almost wider than high! I hadn't seen Jim in over 20 years and in 1976, sold him this very same Packard.

A fellow from Simi had pics of a 1956 Golden Hawk he was selling, the next weekend, we drove out to his home...and bought it.

brngarage
03-16-2014, 12:12 AM
A very different Robert Peterson (our friend from the Northern part of California) is very much alive! Please note the spelling difference (Petersen/Peterson). Robert Petersen and his wife Margie founded the museum, Bob Peterson is from Northern California.

WinM1895
03-16-2014, 06:24 AM
I know that the Petersen Museum is a famous place and Petersen publications were my hotrod mag faves, but...

I would settle for a day at Bob Petersen's place or follow him around for a day. Good luck at the meet.
How was I supposed to know which Peterse/on you were referring to, considering how you spelled Bob Petersen?

April 1956 edition of Hot Rod Magazine - RODDERS TEST GOLDEN HAWK - Petersen Publishing Co. 5959 Hollywood Blvd. Los Angeles 28, Calif.

Warren Webb
03-16-2014, 07:02 PM
Joy & I had a great time & are looking forward to La Palma. Before that though I got a flyer for a car show in Norco, not far from us here around the end of april. I was told if you drive a Studebaker there lunch is free. CASO'S unite! LOL, but it too should be a lot of fun.

I scored today with a full set of wheel covers for a 66 & found someone nearby that needs a back glass for his 64 hardtop. Everyone's happy.

alaipairod
03-16-2014, 09:27 PM
My wife and I had a wonderful day at the LASDC Winter Meet.
Met a lot of nice cars and their owners.
Had fun touring the museum, and lunch at Johnny Rockets.
KUDOS to a well organized event.........

brngarage
03-16-2014, 10:14 PM
Thank you Rodney. I'm glad you enjoyed the meet and we certainly appreciated your beautiful '50 Starlight.