Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 Lark 2dr Hardtop in Tucson

Nice looking RED 60 Lark Hardtop.

Click Here ==> 60's studebaker 2 door - $1500 (sw tucson)

Click image for larger version

Name:	01010_lvK1HUmgWO4_600x450.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	1742803
    Last edited by SScopelli; 03-14-2014, 05:59 PM.

Right body style, very straight and in very rust free part of the country, just no title is a problem for me.
    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

I had a car I bought with no title the Buick Dealer filled out paper work that they sold the car to me and the title was misplaced. 3 weeks later I had a title.

Comment

Looks like it might be a '59. Wonder whether it was a V8 or a 6 - not that I'm in the market of course.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Looks real solid. Bezels indicate '59. I thought the fender emblems would indicate VI or VIII.
          Rob in PA.

Comment

Originally posted by clonelark View Post
            Right body style, very straight and in very rust free part of the country, just no title is a problem for me.
            Pot-metal belt moldings look great.

I can get a title for it in under 30 days here.

I'll contact the guy to get more specifics if anyone is really interested.

Comment

Originally posted by stude1964 View Post
              Looks real solid. Bezels indicate '59. I thought the fender emblems would indicate VI or VIII.
              Rob in PA.
              The grille and fender emblem of the pictured car indicate a 1959.
              The fender emblems only indicate VI or VIII for 1960 & 1961.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

It's a 59 because:
                hawk style grille emblem on left lower corner

"Studebaker" name on front fender

molding "dip" on rear fender is pointed, then continues up (curved on 1960)

If its been in Arizona nearly all its life chances are good there isn't any rust to talk about!
                59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                64 Zip Van
                66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Looks like a nice find! Too far away for me being in Ohio. Know a closer one for more money, but by time I got one from Az. it would be about same .
                  Randy Wilkin
                  1946 M5 Streetrod
                  Hillsboro,Ohio 45133

Comment

But rust has to be an issue on Ohio car as compared to Az. No rust will buy a lot of fuel and just think ROAD TRIP.

Comment

Have those little varmint dessert rats had their ways with the wiring and interior?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by COMMANDERPINK1 View Post
                        Have those little varmint dessert rats had their ways with the wiring and interior?
                        Chuck Naugle droped a 56 pick up in my yard for a person in South Bend about 6 years ago. I went with him on to Mass. to pick up another truck. Son called me,"dad, there is a rat running around here about the size of a poodle." He ate several boxes of Decon. That finally did him in.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJim View Post
                          Chuck Naugle droped a 56 pick up in my yard for a person in South Bend about 6 years ago. I went with him on to Mass. to pick up another truck. Son called me,"dad, there is a rat running around here about the size of a poodle." He ate several boxes of Decon. That finally did him in.
                          I have a story to match. I bought a 60 Lark parts car from member Jerry Kaiser in the Tucson area a few years ago and when I got it home to clean out all the thorny cactus and such I kept thinking I saw a shadow running thru the car as I worked till I seen it jump over me and into the fresh air duct into the front fender. Long story short it was one of those desert rats and it had a fresh family hanging onto it.
                          sigpic

Comment

UPDATE!

Car was sold.. $750.00

It was not a Chuck Car with the rodent or cacti population!

My cousin showed up as the guy was loading it on the trailer. It had sold floors and trunk with visible body paint on the floors. It was rust free, not even the typical rust on the back of the fenders. His speculation is, it will be back on Craigslist for more money..

Car was sold in Dec 59! with a 259 V8 2bbl. The guy who placed the ad found the Original Dealers sheet and first registration in an envelope stuffed under the dash!

Comment

Working...
                            X