Are these hubcaps factory painted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these hubcaps factory painted?

What are these hubcaps off of, and are they factory painted? All I know is that they are truck hubcaps. Thanks.Click image for larger version

Name:	imagejpeg_0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	1742772

Some truck hubcaps were painted but not in that color.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
    MELBOURNE.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket3pilot View Post
      What are these hubcaps off of, and are they factory painted? All I know is that they are truck hubcaps. Thanks.[ATTACH=CONFIG]33111[/ATTACH]
      Scotsman passenger car.
      Bo

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket3pilot View Post
        What are these hubcaps off of, and are they factory painted? All I know is that they are truck hubcaps. Thanks.[ATTACH=CONFIG]33111[/ATTACH]
        Yes:

Craig

Comment

And the same stamping as the 47-49 Champion cars, but they weren't painted.
          KURTRUK
          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Picked up a set of these at York years ago.
            Chromed them and installed them on my 1947 Champion.
            Looked fantastic.
            sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
            Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
            "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Will any other hubcaps fit a Scotsman (57 wagon)? I need a full set.

I also have two different sets of wheels. I believe the white one is correct, but I'm not sure.
              Right now I have two of the white pair on the right hand side, two of the green ones on the left.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wheel1.jpg
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	1688873 Click image for larger version

Name:	wheels2.jpg
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	1688872

Comment

Yep, the first one is Studebaker...second - unknown. Good friend has an Avanti II with Kaiser wheels on it - so it could possibly be a number of things from the 40's/50's. Good luck.

Comment

The White wheels look like '59 and newer Stude. 4 1/2 Inch wide X15 Wheels with holes cut in them to except the small Stude. hub Cap Clips & Hub Caps which may not be centered and look large enough for Only TRUCK Hub Caps.

There are many nice looking Stude, WHEEL COVERS you can get cheaply in fair used condition from members or at SDC Swap Meets, eBay etc.

OR, Stude. Hub Caps. NO other make Hub Caps fit the original wheels with the 3 Clips, similar to the Green Wheels but with the Clips OUTSIDE of the drop center, these look like Chrysler Wheels.

Bottom line, all of your wheels are wrong and Caps won't work, the 5 on 4 1/2" Bolt pattern fits all Ford Products and Chrysler Products and others.

Here are '57 Stude. Wheel Covers:....................Here are the very nice looking '53-'55 Hub Caps that fit '57 Wheels with the 3 Clips.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	57 Wheelcovers on ebay.jpg
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	1688874 Click image for larger version

Name:	57WheelCover.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	1688875 Click image for larger version

Name:	55 Comm 2dr1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	1688876
                  The CORRECT Hub Caps for your Scotsman are the Blue ones shown above which can be found also in Chrome or Stainless Steel.
                  Last edited by StudeRich; 05-05-2014, 12:14 PM.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
                    And the same stamping as the 47-49 Champion cars, but they weren't painted.

I often wondered about this. When I bought my 47 champ in 68 it had white painted caps on it. They are much heavier made then the scotsman and the chromed caps. I never checked in the parts book. I bought an NOS set of stainless ones to put on it.
                    Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
                    1961 Hawk 4-speed
                    1967 Avanti
                    1961 Lark 2 door
                    1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

The green wheels on the right photo are MoPar from the early 50's.
                      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
                      X