1961 Hawk on CL Eastern NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1961 Hawk on CL Eastern NC

Comes with a picture of a nice Hawk (and another one in the background), but no information about the car.

Was listed here before recently, maybe had more info last time. I thought from the pics it was well worth investigating. Steve
    sigpic

Comment

That two-tone is really a personal preference thing. I guess that it doesn't have much in the way of options since it doesn't even have an oil filter. The way that the oil cap is askew, I wonder if it hits the hood.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Is that tu-tone paint factory, or an 'owner add-on?' Looks to me like it was red originally, someone added the white.

Comment

Since the engine compartment is red that would seem to indicate it being the original color. But the white 2 tone, especially on the fin is switched from what it would have been from the factory. From what I have seen in the past that narrow band on the bottom of the fin area is the only place the factory placed a contrasting color on 61 Hawks.
          59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
          60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
          61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
          62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
          62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
          62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
          63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
          63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
          64 Zip Van
          66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
          66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Originally posted by WinM1895 View Post
            Is that tu-tone paint factory, or an 'owner add-on?' Looks to me like it was red originally, someone added the white.
            Only the stripe on the rear quarter was the secondary color (ivory/cream) on 1961 Hawks. That was the last Studebaker paint two-tone on cars, except for fleet orders.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

The engine compartment red could almost be the famous 1961 Flamingo color.

Comment

Working...
              X