we have a new member.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we have a new member.

Yesterday a good friend of mine that rents space in my shop for his Datson 510 came by to chat he has not been by in 6 months but when he got there he saw my 63 wagonaire and asked about it as he had never seen one before I told him about it and said it was for sale, he asked how much? I told him and he went to his car and came back with check all made out for that amount, so now I will get him signed up with a free 1 year membership as part of the deal. He is all ready talking about building the engine, he has never owned a Studebaker before, it sure is nice when thing come together. here are a few pictures of the car that was offered here on the forum a few weeks ago. yes the California car is rust free.

Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Way to recruit!
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Cool to here whats he planning under the hood?

Comment

Ambassador Bob has done it again.
        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Maybe that is a slight chance that Bob may have a spare engine for him
          Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
          1961 Hawk 4-speed
          1967 Avanti
          1961 Lark 2 door
          1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Awesome! Clean looking car and going to a good home! Hope he posts his progress and pictures on the forum.

Comment

Good man Bob.

Comment

Bob, are the floors rust free? just wondering how old is the new member You created?
                Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Yes the floor and every thing is rust free, even the tire well, Richard is about early 50's, going from a 259 to a clone R-1 engine and original 3 speed with over drive.
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

Hey Bob, we have a new member here too. That black 1962 Daytona Hardtop you sent to Australia a while back (the one I bought from Chris Whitcroft) has been cleaned up, assembled and sold to my uncle who is getting back into Studes after a 30 year break. It should turn out a real show car and be on the road again soon.

Chris.

Comment

Chris, Ya I heard that Chris sold or gave you the car, I sold it to him dirt cheap when clearing the old yard, I always liked that can and figured it should be saved, the 4 speed and drive shaft is in my 63 R-1 two door standard, lets see some pictures of it when you can.
                      Candbstudebakers
                      Castro Valley,
                      California

Comment

Working...
                      X