Horn button i.d.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horn button i.d.?

I just posted this horn button on Ebay but I am not 100% sure I have the correct application. Can anyone verify it?
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Well, I'm sure it's the same as My 55 President State Hard Top had if that's any help.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

It looks like the horn button on my '55 President Deluxe. I can email a picture of you want.

cliff t
      sigpic
      55 President Deluxe
      64 Commander
      66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

As crazy as it might seem, there ARE two different editions of this horn button and if I remember right, they carry different part numbers. There IS a slightly different shading of the gold background but I've lost track of which is which. I don't think it really matters.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks. Didn't want to misrepresent it. I guess the potential buyer should know.
          Richard Quinn
          Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Late 1953 through to 1955. Someone did tell me once that the 1955 buttons had a more silvery shade to them but the parts book doesn't specify a change.

Also , this is the larger button for Regal models.

Chris.

Comment

Gold is '54 Champion for sure, I have an original CAR, my guess is '53 also, but '55 was definitely Silver.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rich, don't be too sure about that.yes some 55s were Silver,like My all origional 55 Champion.and then there was My all origional 55 President,and it had the GOLD horn button,maybe a tad more Silver than prior too 55s "I don't know" but it does not matter,because it's a gold one for sure.
                Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                Gold is '54 Champion for sure, I have an original CAR, my guess is '53 also, but '55 was definitely Silver.
                Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

This horn button is not for a 1953. The tri-star horn button is one of the tri-star elements that stayed through the 1953 model year when other items, like the hood and trunk trim (South Bend cars), were changed.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                  X