'Nice to see a Golden Hawk...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Nice to see a Golden Hawk...

...in Mr. Ames' collection. (See Photo #5 in the article.)

A good story about the Lambrecht auction and the $147,000 Cameo (with Buyer's Premium), too:

(At least it looks like a 1956 Golden Hawk. I think I see fins that would not be on a Sky Hawk.) BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Looks like a red Avanti along the back wall as well.
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

I think you're right, Ed; good eye. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
        Looks like a red Avanti along the back wall as well.
        dunno...hard to tell...roofline looks like of all the things to me a Vega Hatchback... Junior
        sigpic
        1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

He even has a Mustang II!

Comment

Could that be another Stude parked behind the Viper?

Comment

Guy must love cars - even has a Gremlin...

Comment

I believe that's the white and black Sky Hawk that was discussed here a few years back, with 2,500 miles. I don't think I see fins, and I remember the clear-plastic front seat covers as well. Plus, I'm not seeing wheel opening trim like a Golden Hawk had.
                Bill Pressler
                Kent, OH
                (formerly Greenville, PA)
                Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                All are in Australia now

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                  dunno...hard to tell...roofline looks like of all the things to me a Vega Hatchback... Junior
                  I agree, definitely not an Avanti. Looks like a Vega, maybe a 74 or later once they had changed the original front end. That is definitely a Studebaker behind the Viper, looks like a 64 4 door to me.
                  Pat Dilling
                  Olivehurst, CA
                  Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

The dead giveaway that the Maroon Car is not an Avanti is the lack of the characteristic long nose beyond the front wheel, the rear and side seem to resemble an Avanti, but not.

I wonder if it is a Mercury Mercour (SP?)
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                      The dead giveaway that the Maroon Car is not an Avanti is the lack of the characteristic long nose beyond the front wheel, the rear and side seem to resemble an Avanti, but not.

I wonder if it is a Mercury Mercour (SP?)
                      I believe the maroon car is a '76 Cosworth Vega. To my eyes, it's definitely a Vega, and I think I can detect gold-colored wheels.
                      Bill Pressler
                      Kent, OH
                      (formerly Greenville, PA)
                      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                      All are in Australia now

Comment

Im still trying to find the gremlin mentioned earlier... Kinda reminds me of the old "Where's Waldo" books
                        Last edited by evilhawk; 03-03-2014, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by evilhawk View Post
                          Im still trying to find the gremlin mentioned earlier... Kinda reminds me of the old "Where's Waldo" books
                          Took me Awhile but its parked in front of the red car that was first thought to be an avanti on the far wall.

Comment

"Upon further review," I think you guys are right that it is not an Avanti.

(Quite frankly, my first impression was that it was a Volvo P1800! Seriously.) BP

Comment

Working...
                            X