New to Studebaker Drivers Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Studebaker Drivers Club

Hi my name is Rob I am new to the club and have just got my first Studebaker.

Got a 59 Lark Regal Coupe 259 Auto

Its sweet and I am looking forward to making it sweeter
    Attached Files

Congrats on the "new" car - only problem I see is that the tiller is not on the right side...

Comment

Welcome and congradulations. That is, as you say "A Sweet Ride"

Comment

Rob, welcome to the SDC. Looks like You got off too a great start with "this looks like a Hard Top" clean little Lark
        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

welcome aboard!!!

if i'm ever able to purchase a Lark - a 2 door, V-8, 1959 would be my first choice!
          Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Welcome to the club and a very nice Lark you have there.

Comment

Rob,

I have no doubt that this has been covered before, but do cars imported into Australia still have to be converted to right hand drive?

Comment

Welcome to the SDC and to the forum. That's a nice looking Lark, congratulations!
                Pat Dilling
                Olivehurst, CA
                Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Welcome to the Club, and congrats on a great looking car! I really like the look of the 59 larks.

Comment

Originally posted by Hallabutt View Post
                    Rob,

I have no doubt that this has been covered before, but do cars imported into Australia still have to be converted to right hand drive?
                    Hope too have our Austrailian friends correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that only applies to new vehicles.
                    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Welcome, hope you like it here.

Nice looking car too.

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
                        Hope too have our Austrailian friends correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that only applies to new vehicles.
                        Thats correct. Anything over 30 year old can stay LHC.

Chris.

Comment

That is a very nice Lark. Welcome to our world. As you get the car registered, don't just toss the license plates. They are worth quite a bit here in California.
                          Perry
                          \'50 Business Champion
                          \'50 Starlight Champion
                          \'60 Lark Convertible,
                          \'63 GT R1,
                          \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Thanks everyone. Actually the car is still in the USA at the moment and will probably stay for a while. I spend half my time in Delmar California and the other half at home in Perth. The Lark is for the USA as my daily driver. The actual rule for conversion in Australia is pre Jan1 1989 does not have to be converted. This is accurate as take cars to Aussie all the time.

I want to get a deuce carb set up for the Lark. The engine is fresh and it needs the carbs and exhaust to dual with better air intake to get that baby breathing better and sounding nice

Comment

I love the 59 and 60 Larks, too. Stainless steel dual exhausts are available and not expensive. Silvertone Exhaust advertises regularly in Turning Wheels and Don Simmons (the owner) provided a really nice set for converting my car. Twin 2 bbls would be rare, but doable. A Carter 4 bbl and intake manifold would also do the job. Welcome to the club!
                              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Working...
                              X