Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI Questionable Email

This is a first for me.
    Just got an email to my personal address from "mistystudebak@..." asking "Are you aware of the attached invoice?"
    Not surprisingly I deleted it without opening the attachment.

Anybody else receive it/is it anything that our moderators care about?

There is a SDC member in Canada that has that handle.
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Likely yet another theft of an email contact list and a spoofed sending address.

As always, members are advised to do just as Skyway did and delete without opening. Never click on an attachment you're not expecting, even from a known reliable source.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I got the same thing and deleted it without opening it.
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Reminds me of when Bob P. Emailed me from the ukraine last month, I hope the people at the hotel desk finally let him go........

Comment

I keep getting the "Eviction Notice" email, don't open that one, it is a bad virus.

Mark

Comment

I don't know what kind of e-mail service most of you are on, but, mine almost always has... "(Bulk)" ...shown in parentheses preceding the title. That alerts me that it is a scam or some kind of solicitation. I automatically "block" that sender.

I have several friends and relatives that often send me "forwarded" messages that I never asked for. I don't know what makes them think I want all the forwarded garbage. Some of the forwarded messages are pretty good, but I still don't appreciate getting automatically forwarded messages. I especially resent the ones that claim you are guilty of not being patriotic, compassionate, caring, decent, etc...if you don't forward it to all others in your address file.

The most egregious is the ones who mindlessly hit the "reply to all" button with no additional personalized message to me. I figure they are either too vacuous to know better, or just too lazy. Anyone who gets a forwarded message from me should see a personalized message that includes an explanation.
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I got that email too and deleted it without opening it. It helped that I had no invoice outstanding.
                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

Whenever I am in need of some entertainment- I check out my spam folder.

The latest laugh was had when I learned my house was being foreclosed on.
                  I do not now, nor have I ever, owned a home!!!

StudeDave '57
                  Last edited by StudeDave57; 02-28-2014, 05:07 PM. Reason: ooooops
                  StudeDave '57
                  US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                  SDC Member since 1985

past President
                  Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                  San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                  San Diego Chapter SDC
                  North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I alsway get "problems with your last payment" from some bank & other stuff like that but my last bank-account I closed in 2001 'cause I don't trust them!

Comment

Ah, what's the matter with you guys???
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X