Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

55 stude president, can you convert two prong turn signal flasher to a three prong turn signal flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: 55 stude president, can you convert two prong turn signal flasher to a three prong turn signal flash

I bought a three prong pigtail , put a three prong flasher in, hook up the two leads to the old receptacle and nothing . I was wondering can you do this conversion? Also I took the cansiter off of it one night just to see the workings on the inside,and wondering if that would have an effect on the function of the flasher. Maybe I should call fifthavenue antique auto parts ,and just see what he has to say. Maybe I should hook up a 6 volt battery charger to the three prong cannister ,just to see what happens. Mike

Depends on the 3 prong flasher module. Some use the 3rd prong and indicator light to control the flash rate, and won't flash without an indicator light attached. Some don't need that to flash. Sorry, I don't have the numbers at hand. (Just what I think I know.)
    Corley

Comment

Yes you can. What I did was makeup two short pigtails or wires then plug one end into the socket for the two prong and hookup the other end to the new three prong flasher. My car is not here but I think I used the two outside prongs. After checking to see if everything is working use a zip tie and secure the flasher some place.

Comment

The center prong is for a pilot light. That would be a single indicator light on the dash. Looking at the flasher, the + is for power. Across to other side is for load.

Comment

Working...
        X