This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rust In Peace

I went out to my grandad's collection of rotting Studes. Really to get pics of the 52's for Kent Fedor. And DilloCrafter, there's a few pics of the '63 four door Lark Custom too. The trunk is rock solid! But the floors need attention. It's a 6 bander auto trans car. It has factory AC but no heater. It had a perfect dash, but I got it for my car.

BTW, yes that tree is growing through the frame of that C Cab. [V]

And ONLY the Studes are ours. (The boneyard is on another guys property, in his boneyard.)

Here's our 56J. Factory 3 speed OD car. When we got it, it was a total rust bucket, but ran like a new one. My grandad sold off all the stuff that pretty much made it a 56J. [V]

Matt, maybe you can get the serial number off that car and register it with the 56J club or Frank Ambrogio for the purposes of documenting the fate of the car.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Matt, maybe you can get the serial number off that car and register it with the 56J club or Frank Ambrogio for the purposes of documenting the fate of the car.
      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

quote: Matt, maybe you can get the serial number off that car and register it with the 56J club or Frank Ambrogio for the purposes of documenting the fate of the car.
        My grandad did that when he first got the car. Frank knows all about it. He and my grandad are good buddies.

Comment

quote: Matt, maybe you can get the serial number off that car and register it with the 56J club or Frank Ambrogio for the purposes of documenting the fate of the car.
          My grandad did that when he first got the car. Frank knows all about it. He and my grandad are good buddies.

Comment

Hey, Matthew.
            Thanks for getting all those shots for us of the boneyard. Man, they is all RUSTY. Maybe if we all pitch in, you can hire a crop duster to fly over it in several passes and spray them down with POR-15

I'm glad your granddad has saved them. At least the stainless parts will survive a while longer. And I'm surprised that you got a perfect dash out of that '63 Custom, considering how rusty the body has become! You may need to save that air conditioner for me, for when I get a car that needs it. Maybe if I get enough Lark parts in advance, I'll force myself to get the car to go with them!

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Current_Avacar.gif[/img=left] - DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
            The Red-Headed Amazon
            Deep in the heart of Texas

Paul Simpson
            "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
            The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

Hey, Matthew.
              Thanks for getting all those shots for us of the boneyard. Man, they is all RUSTY. Maybe if we all pitch in, you can hire a crop duster to fly over it in several passes and spray them down with POR-15

I'm glad your granddad has saved them. At least the stainless parts will survive a while longer. And I'm surprised that you got a perfect dash out of that '63 Custom, considering how rusty the body has become! You may need to save that air conditioner for me, for when I get a car that needs it. Maybe if I get enough Lark parts in advance, I'll force myself to get the car to go with them!

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Current_Avacar.gif[/img=left] - DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
              The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
              "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
              The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

Working...
              X